ABF | lay-offs where you're at? and other ???'s

I got a little unemployment change in my pocket, sittin`in a warm house sipping a cold one. I guess thats better than being " the cold one" 5 degrees right now in KY

as of Thursday afternoon 042 has laid off exactly 25% of their road board. When is the bleeding going to stop?????? It is going to take a LONG time to get these drivers back to work.

On the bright side, when the company goes to retire the '08 tractors to the city operation in a couple of yrs, they will have low mileage on them!!!!

feb.8th sunday night, 14 more dock workers were laid off at dayton,ohio 064. the total of dock workers laid off there is 78 ! i do not the exact number of drivers off,but it is over 70. this last round of layoffs came after the workers were told about 10 days ago,that there was no more layoffs coming!!! how can you tell when management is lying? when you see their lips moving.

no,but bids were reposted and there was 15 more people on the board than bids............so looks like 15 more getting the hammer probably monday night. right now we are at 78 dock workers laid off. i'm not sure about the road,but it is as high if not higher. we are now hearing that our 5 year call back will be asked by the company to be reduced to one year ! think the union will say no ??? lol

January 2 three road drivers were laid off bring the total to seven. January 9 three more road drivers were laid off bring the total to ten with me being the tenth driver out of a total of 46 road drivers. I checked around and applied at several TL companies and accepted the first offer that I received from a small 300 truck TL carrier on January 21. After four days of orientation I started driving TL on January 31.

On February 9, my LTL carrier called and asked if I wanted to drive for them again which I was of course dying to do. I was getting ready to turn in my truck to the TL carrier on February 11, when I received a call from Crete Carrier to see if I would be interested in driving TL for them. I told Crete that I had accepted an offer from a smaller TL carrier. On February 12, I received a call from another small TL carrier to see if I had found a job yet and I told them that I had a driving position.

On February 13, I took my first LTL load after being laid off with two other drivers that were able to return sooner than I had and had started driving on February 9. The layoff total now stands at seven.

Well that sounds like things are looking UP!!!!
Maybe I'll get a call yet from ABF!!
Lost my last job of 14 years in Jan.No hope of going back !

Dayton Layoffs

10 more let go on dock 2/21. total lost for feb 24 so far. rumor has it dayton trying to reduce dock staff to 120............former dayton worker

no,but bids were reposted and there was 15 more people on the board than bids............so looks like 15 more getting the hammer probably monday night. right now we are at 78 dock workers laid off. i'm not sure about the road,but it is as high if not higher. we are now hearing that our 5 year call back will be asked by the company to be reduced to one year ! think the union will say no ??? lol

If I'm not mistaken the 5 year call back is in the NMFA contract.If ABF wanted that changed then we as members would have to vote on it.

As for my BROTHERS complaining about senior men on the dock working seven days a week they are doing you a favor. Per the NMFA the company is only allowed to work 25% OT hours as compared to straight time hours. Any hours over fifty puts the company on the clock as to when and how many they have to call back I have already used it at 065. If you have say 4 TEAMSTERS the company is allowed to work a maximum of 200 hours then after that they will have to recall TEAMSTERS for every fifty hours worked over 200 YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS.

At 051 Winston-Salem, we are down to 53 bids total in the city cartage. We have 11 City, 1 UE, 14 Yard, and 27 Dock bids. We have over 30 in layoff status. Top city man on layoff has over 17 years with ABF. Management tells us that the geniuses in Fort Smith want more laid off but we can't get the job done with what we have now. We've got Dock and Yard guys being forced to do city work, dock guys being forced to do yard work. Hell, nobody works in their classification anymore. We just as well all be UE's cause everyday we work somewhere different.:flame: