ABF | lay-offs where you're at? and other ???'s

At 051 Winston-Salem, we are down to 53 bids total in the city cartage. We have 11 City, 1 UE, 14 Yard, and 27 Dock bids. We have over 30 in layoff status. Top city man on layoff has over 17 years with ABF. Management tells us that the geniuses in Fort Smith want more laid off but we can't get the job done with what we have now. We've got Dock and Yard guys being forced to do city work, dock guys being forced to do yard work. Hell, nobody works in their classification anymore. We just as well all be UE's cause everyday we work somewhere different.:flame:
Sorry to say, welcome to the future of the freight business... I really think everybody doing everything is the way it's going to go...:flame:

taking advantage of tough times

here at 140 close to half are laid off the one that work all banned together and have been for the most part only working the mandatoried 2 hrs of o.t. unfortunately our tm has told his supers that they need to hand out dispatches to the guys at their 9+ hour of work so if they refuse he can start the termination process. he claims if he sees a noticable slowdown in the work force that he'll give away our freight and lay more off as a penalty. the 25% rule is violated on a consistant basis. i hope something gives here:nutkick:

How the hell can he give freight away? If he is over the 25% rule then people can be called back. I have done this in Cleveland. It is not hard. He Is full of it. How can he give freight away? Does he have everybody at that terminal fooled? You can go back and get people paid if they file. If your Steward won't file call your B.A. they need to be held accountable.

Yes!!! FILE,FILE,FILE. That is a crock. I have been layed off since November from a 2 bid barn. It sucks I really liked working for ABF but my green and gold days are prolly over. A month ago I got on with UPS Freight. Good Luck all those layed off!!!

# 086 Terminal: 177 road drivers are working out of 228. When will it turn around??
Not many freight trucks on the road either. So what is the positive news ??

Deer Hunter

Work out of 279 Pine Book NJ Three Laid off since before Thanksgiving one Guy retired last month. Bottom Half of list Iffy after Tuesdays. Hope it picks up soon.

One Cincinnati (067) driver called back 1st of April. The 2nd one was called back this past Friday on the 17th.

lay-offs where your at

Here at 043New Haven CT we had four laid-off. top guy was called back April 12. I have been working 3 days once in a while. Im booked for sunday night 7pm and nobody is on vacation. Things could be picking up, although a carlisle driver told me on friday night 15 more lay-offs next week

although a carlisle driver told me on friday night 15 more lay-offs next week

I think the Carlisle driver was confused about the lay-offs. Supposed COO is to eliminate 15 road positions from 042.

o64's working 2 & 4 hrs ot almost daily and 7 days a wk. Sky seems to be the limit on OT these days. Even the last 11 layed off guys get to work and getting more OT than they ever got as Wed throughs

here at 261 evansville we have four on layoff with talks of another one coming,had to go to a non union carrier to pay bills,man this job sucks.:TR10driving03::

here at 261 evansville we have four on layoff with talks of another one coming,had to go to a non union carrier to pay bills,man this job sucks.:TR10driving03::

went o a union meeting yesterday, they said ABF did, but they weren't able to say anything about it at this time. hmmmmm