ABF | lay-offs where you're at? and other ???'s

020 eri ,one more city guy gets laid off and well have more management than TEAMSTERS. lOOKS LIKE THE ROAD BOARDS HISTORY, IF THIS CHANGE FLYS, AND IT WILL

As far as i kn0w abf is buying something,if any one remembers a few years ago b-4 everthing went to hell they announced a big plan of things they wanted to do part of it was warehousing and supply chain another part mentioned expedited freight.with all the freight companys tanking right now the only freight company with any size that seems to be holding its own is old dominion.from where im sitting whats coming up is anybodys guess

261 has seven city drivers working, and six people in the office working and there were seven in the office, with four city laid off and down to one ue bid

cicny 067

Two more called back as of 5/6. total of 4 called back last two months......looking up I hope

064 is staying steady on 101 layed off on the dock and I'm not sure how many road drivers, we're working our 40hrs a week and offering 2or 4 over every night plus weekends. We're using I believe 9 layed off guys as causals to supliment people off on comp. or what ever. There' even getting 50 hours or so a week.

At 140 Las Vegas, 21 regulars, 12 laid off, and only 4 top lay off people getting 1-3 days a week. The 3 percenters are getting 4-5 days a week. Most regulars are working all the O.T. they want.:Violin:

I forgot to add, the solidarity I spoke of at our barn in a previous post took a ::shit:: real fast. It lasted a few weeks but the almighty dollar took over. Same old ::shit::, guys running out of hours, etc. Oh well it was a nice try.:greedy:

Yeah, same at 064 some HAVE TO HAVE the OT, others happy with 40. I guess that's what having smokes all about, the option. I did hear that West KEmp said NO we are not buying another trucking company, but might look into warehousing in the future

i am retired from YRC & was asked by friend to explain ABF buyout from CS. the way i understand it ABF only pays into CS for ABF employees & i was wondering how much it cost ABF. tk u

still 101 laid off on the dock, no recalls but they are using the crap out of about 15 guys. Call them casuals now and use them for replacements and to help get caught up on the weekend. They've called in up to 25 in one shift, needless to say there wasn't a lot of hustling going on. Who knows. the last two weeks haven't been that busy really, and businesses are shutting down to 4 day work weeks around the Dayton area so that eliminates freight.

Been a teamster 25 plus years.it`s bad,been lay off been there,never signed up.hang in there learn how to do it all if you can,thats what it`s coming to

ABF NO buyout from CS!!!!! They KEEP PAYING!!!

i am retired from YRC & was asked by friend to explain ABF buyout from CS. the way i understand it ABF only pays into CS for ABF employees & i was wondering how much it cost ABF. tk u

They pay 175% More!!! NO BUY OUT IN FOR 100%

What is CS? If you mean Central States Pension Fund that's news to me. I thought back in early 08 when the contact was up, that ABF wanted out of the multi-employer pension fund but the IBT didn't want to hear anything about it.:popcorn: