Lay-offs??

You still don't know him:chairshot:If he can get one extra bill on most of your peddle trailers going out he will eliminate the need for one more guy:woot:He will do it Trust me I know him:nutkick:

I hear ya but I actually sat in the office and heard him try and save jobs. I also understand that he is going to do what he has too, too keep his. I am going to give him the benefit of being so far extremely honest at least with me and he has fought corporate to stop the layoff. I actually saw it!!!

2 linehaul 1 p&d and 0ne office at 51 so far the boss is talking about the 4 hour rule for the late starting guys if it gets to that point.

Just to confirm, my understanding was that the office one laid off over in 51 was only working part time a couple hours a day!!

from my understanding from some birdies in the office..term 52 should be done with layoffs for the rest of the year....hopefully this economy will pick up asap...fear is dominating peoples ways in they buy and ship..."the only thing we have to fear is fear itself".......so true...

Heard they are now laying off some sales reps...that is not a good thing. I have never seen reps get laid off, fired for not performing, but not laid off.

Any truth ???

They said the same thing at 43 about no more lay offs the first time then on friday four more its just that bad out there

ignorant comment? You know who I work for. If you don't think NEMF is a poorly run outfit, just look at linehaul. Running trailers to Albany that have no freight on them instead of just sending the few skids on the trailer to Newburgh. Then you have the guys who run on friday night and get stuck on a "lay-over" run, just to run 400+ miles empty to get home. How much sense does it make to run trailers empty all over the place when fuel is 3+ dollars a gallon. NEMF should be a thriving company. With the service times and the rates that they offer, they should still be slamed with work even in this economy.

ignorant comment? You know who I work for. If you don't think NEMF is a poorly run outfit, just look at linehaul. Running trailers to Albany that have no freight on them instead of just sending the few skids on the trailer to Newburgh. Then you have the guys who run on friday night and get stuck on a "lay-over" run, just to run 400+ miles empty to get home. How much sense does it make to run trailers empty all over the place when fuel is 3+ dollars a gallon. NEMF should be a thriving company. With the service times and the rates that they offer, they should still be slamed with work even in this economy.

SO you DID work for NEMF and recently went back to another carrier again?

MontanaNY-Wny are you beating around the bush? You know exactly who I am. Yes, I did leave NEMF to go back to another company. I could see the writing on the wall. Another year at NEMF, another winter laid off with my health benefits droped the same day as the lay-off. While other employes are still working overtime.

MontanaNY-Wny are you beating around the bush? You know exactly who I am. Yes, I did leave NEMF to go back to another company. I could see the writing on the wall. Another year at NEMF, another winter laid off with my health benefits droped the same day as the lay-off. While other employes are still working overtime.

I was not beating around the bush....just wanting to clarify who I was communicating with.......there are a couple individuals you could be!! I hope all works for you with CT, but I would be concerned for what will happen if they loose some of that recent business that made an opening for you.