Lay-offs??

First of all, you talk about the cut in you delay and breakdown pay. True, but how often does this effect you. Chicago has all the best equipment, and everyone else waits on you guys cuz you're always late.

That's what being at the end of line does.. ;) I'm too tired to go over all of what you said, so i'll just send this back with a friendly "Be safe out there" as well ;)

..i talked to a driver the other day he said its related to YRC..

How can relating to a debt drowned company be a good thing?

Shevell's pockets so deep he is going to bail out YRC?

Demand a 10% pay cut from his workers as well?

More likely Nemf will purchase terminals and equipment from the vacated Yellow or Roadway terminals after completing the next phase of their merger.

Other ideas?

hey alot of nemf's high ups are from yrc they have been positioning themselves
pricewise to be in position if yrc goes out...hense yrc goes under nemf benefits... i have been hearing nemf is also having major issues also so its all a bunch of b.s... we can just sit back and wait

from what my tm has been told that he and the company is aware of is that mr. shevell has cash SITTING AND WAITING... god only knows how much more he has and isnt telling anybody....he is a smart business man to say the least ...cant say i hear that from some other carriers out there....everybody loves to spread the rumors how much nemf is in trouble..blah blah blah....jealously really comes out sometimes let me tell you...do you honestly think nemf got this far in the ltl world by always being in (trouble?)... things could be worse but at least nemf tries their hardest to keep all working

Just the opposite going on @ 33. The one driver who was laid off was brought back this week when two men were terminated. The two terminated will be back on Monday, the guy who was laid off is staying on and supposedly they're gonna go ahead and hire someone who was interviewed while the terminations were being fought. He's supposed to start Monday. One line haul driver is still bumped over here to the city side for now, not sure how this will play out over the next week or so. We'll see.

No lay offs down here at 32, but we have to sit some guys home at times, but we are all praying :bowdown: to the freight gods for everybody!

No lay offs down here at 32, but we have to sit some guys home at times, but we are all praying :bowdown: to the freight gods for everybody!

I hear ya!!!!!
Freight seems to be slow, but then all of a sudden one or two days a week we get blasted. I hate these lay-offs because come pick-up time it seems like we don't have "enough" trailors.