ODFL | Layed-Off, Recalled, Unfair-Terminated

imported_kikbxr

TB Lurker
Credits
[B[/B]hired on in sept. of 06, 15 drivers were layed-off in nov.. the company started to recall employees back in jan. 07 (not even in their senoirity position). the company called me back in late feb..two weeks ago i got ill while on a city-run and @ the end of the day i informed the night dispatch that i was ill. the next day i called in sick, i was instantly told to not come back 2 work w/out a doctors excuse. went 2 the doctor on thursday, after i left the doctors office later that evening i went by the term. to give the back to work release to op. manager. i put it in his mail box/slot. the relesae stated for the monday after-wards. had a stomach viral infection in which i could hold nothing (food) down and had the runs for several days. that monday i called in early to let them know that i still was not fully recovered while i was talking to the assist. term. manager. he made several comments. i didn`t return to work untill thursday with an updated doctors release. when i got to the term. the ops. manager stated this/that, went into the term. managers` office closed the door, came out several minutes later and said either the term. manager will get back with me after he confer with h.r. @ the home office.. well this past friday i called up the term. manager and said that i was terminated. This was a first in my 27 years in the trucking industry. Because tx. is a right to work state and you have have not reached your probation periods end , the company can do what ever they want. I`m going to follow-up other means possible. This is outlandish / unfair.:1036316054: any sugesstions ?

[B[/B]hired on in sept. of 06, 15 drivers were layed-off in nov.. the company started to recall employees back in jan. 07 (not even in their senoirity position). the company called me back in late feb..two weeks ago i got ill while on a city-run and @ the end of the day i informed the night dispatch that i was ill. the next day i called in sick, i was instantly told to not come back 2 work w/out a doctors excuse. went 2 the doctor on thursday, after i left the doctors office later that evening i went by the term. to give the back to work release to op. manager. i put it in his mail box/slot. the relesae stated for the monday after-wards. had a stomach viral infection in which i could hold nothing (food) down and had the runs for several days. that monday i called in early to let them know that i still was not fully recovered while i was talking to the assist. term. manager. he made several comments. i didn`t return to work untill thursday with an updated doctors release. when i got to the term. the ops. manager stated this/that, went into the term. managers` office closed the door, came out several minutes later and said either the term. manager will get back with me after he confer with h.r. @ the home office.. well this past friday i called up the term. manager and said that i was terminated. This was a first in my 27 years in the trucking industry. Because tx. is a right to work state and you have have not reached your probation periods end , the company can do what ever they want. I`m going to follow-up other means possible. This is outlandish / unfair.:1036316054: any sugesstions ?

Can't understand calling H.R.
If you want to get your job back go to the man above the terminal manager. If he gives you a no I'd find another job.You can go higher but the ones you go above will still be there if you come back.Sometimes things like this are a blessing,they make you move on to better things.Hope it works out for you one way or the other.

I know this is NOT what you want to here but,you might as well look for a new job.It sucks but you don't want to work some where that don't want you.If you do go over there heads,the next thing that happens (no matter how small)they will fire you.And with the state being the right to work state,you will not have a leg to stand on in court.:Bondage: