ABF | Layoff At 004

004 in Little Rock has laid off another 20 road drivers bringing their total up to 37 laid off. Linehaul is saying the number could reach 60 before it is all said and done. The city/dock side still has 10 laid off with no word yet of anymore to come but fewer road drivers means less freight which in turn usually means fewer jobs, so I would not be surprised to see somemore layoff's on the dock/city classification.

068 has laid off another 4 road drivers on 1/10 /07 total 16 linehaul drivers.PSE drivers are still running strong.thanks abf for the shaft, you know the union had nothing to do with it ha.ha

Hello, I'm Laid Off Here At 462 And Was Just Wondering How Long The Layoffs Usually Last? I Was Guessing I Would Be Back To Work Sometime Around March Or April But I Wasn't Sure. Luckily I Listened To The Senior Drivers And Ran My Tail Off All Spring And Summer And Put Away Every Extra Nickel I Made. Well Any Info Will Help Thanks, I'll Be Here Enjoying The Cold Ohio Winter And Collecting My Unemployment.

At 051 we have:
6 City
5 Yard
14 Dock
laid off.
We also had a meeting with the terminal manager yesterday. He says for the first time since ABF bought Carolina they are talking about laying off supervisors. Wouldn't that just be terrible if management had to feel like the rest of us(hanging out at Employment Security Commission waiting on a check, drinking beer all day, fishing, just enjoying life). They might decide being a Teamster ain't all that bad!!!:hysterical:

I heard

27 from the road at ATL got laid off, so far no lay-offs in the shop but they have stopped all our OT,we were getting all the OT we wanted

Slow enough to put all these on lay-off, but talking about putting another one on at our little terminal for the P S E. :duh: :duh:

27 from the road at ATL got laid off, so far no lay-offs in the shop but they have stopped all our OT,we were getting all the OT we wanted
Do you happen to know if there are any laidoff on the dock/city/hostle side and if so how many? Also, does 086 have separate boards for dock/city/hostle or are they all one board?

Chicago has not voted the PSE stuff in....now I know why. ABF is just pushing everything around 034. 25+ dock laid off, no drivers city or shuttle yet, but they keep screwing with their bids...they actually posted a bid with a flucuating start time each day:duh: It got taken down quickly

Anybody know anything about things at 042?

Big Al - read your post from awhile back. Went into the office yesterday and saw a road driver leaving 188 with a single. 4/11 off in the city as of yesterday.

Anyone go thru 042 and know how things in PA are???

'As long as you love me so, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...':hysterical:

at akron 060 we have 2 layoff and lost one to pse work on top of we have lost 6 men and 5 tractors in the last 7 years. no one has ever lost their job in office. we have 3 dispatch,2 girls in office plus terminal manager with 2 sales for just 11 drivers

We have no layoffs here,we are pretty busy for this time of year.(casuals are not getting any work though.)094 is nashville.