Holland | Layoff call-back

Doogie396

TB Lurker
Credits
I was just told by GR dispatch this morning that all line-haul drivers are being called back as of today. Anyone else hear this? I could not get him to confirm it was due to change of operations. The rumor I heard was they want to open a new barn. Anyone else hear of this? It doesn't seem like business has picked up enough to have everyone back. I'm just glad to hear everyone is coming back.

The only change of Ops. that I know of if Norcross being closed and moved back into Atlanta. Ga terminal. What other change could there be?

Sounds good but wouldn't believe it till you see it, freight is getting better in some places but would expect it to have to get alot better before everyone is called back

Sounds good but wouldn't believe it till you see it, freight is getting better in some places but would expect it to have to get alot better before everyone is called back

We had 6 more city men laid off the first week of 2007. We're just as busy as we were before Christmas and our layoff is just for paperwork reasons. They did the same thing last year, the same week and the same amount of people. Welcome to the YRCW family.

The call-back was confirmed in our barn by one of the drivers called back. He said he was told it was due to C.O.O. the company wants to open a barn in Madison WI to take pressure off of Milwaukee. That art I have only heard from him, no confirmation on that.

BH I've never worked for YRCW until we became a part of them so I wouldn't know how they do things, but it seems that alot have worked for them before cause there's not a day that goes by that I don't hear someone say "that's the way Yellow does it" or "Welcome to YRCW" I really don't care pay stub still says USF Holland and the old Sterlin stills says USF Holland and as long as the checks don't bounce who cares who puts the money in the bank it's still a pretty good thing we've got maybe not as good as it once was but what is?

BH I've never worked for YRCW until we became a part of them so I wouldn't know how they do things, but it seems that alot have worked for them before cause there's not a day that goes by that I don't hear someone say "that's the way Yellow does it" or "Welcome to YRCW" I really don't care pay stub still says USF Holland and the old Sterlin stills says USF Holland and as long as the checks don't bounce who cares who puts the money in the bank it's still a pretty good thing we've got maybe not as good as it once was but what is?
CG, I agree with you. Its not what it once was but its still the best job I've ever had. What I was trying to say was its just something on paper (the layoff) that Holland didn't do until YRCW bought us. As every management person that we have says " IT IS WHAT IT IS". I wish I had a penny for every time I heard one of them say that.

I really didn't mean for this thread to turn into a company slam thread. Too many of these threads turn to complaining about Yellows changes, but the deal is done. I don't like all the change, but whining is not gonna get any changes. Yellow is gonna do what they want, unless the union gets involved. I was more concerned with out brother Teamsters. Teamster jobs are getting harder to come by, and I would like to see them all back to work. I just heard they were coming back and wanted to find out if it was system wide or just our barn.

I really didn't mean for this thread to turn into a company slam thread. Too many of these threads turn to complaining about Yellows changes, but the deal is done. I don't like all the change, but whining is not gonna get any changes. Yellow is gonna do what they want, unless the union gets involved. I was more concerned with out brother Teamsters. Teamster jobs are getting harder to come by, and I would like to see them all back to work. I just heard they were coming back and wanted to find out if it was system wide or just our barn.
Doogie, I just talked to one of our laid off line haul men and he said that he hasn't received a callback call as of Sunday. Hope this helps answer your question. As far as whining goes, I'm still mad that all of our trucks now have air conditioning and I don't sweat enough during the summer. Its hard to watch your weight all year, lol.