Yellow | Layoff #'s @ Your Barn

CVE just hardened up. They said no slides today and were pulling guys of their preference at 18, to avoid using laid off road.

1 man moving to SLC from DEN

1 man to follow his freight from Den to Slc.
16 on lay off
0 road
I do belive that if you wanted to run sleeper they would hire you.
No one wants to work for Yellow in pajama wagons in slc

4 more laid off at STL on the road I don't know about the city or the dock but that puts us at 54 on the road. I don't understand it. We have freight sitting ion the docks and the boards are exhausted but they continue to lay off.

ATL called back 4 last week and then laid them back off this week, plus another 5, making ATL Road a total of 35 drivers laid off......We now have only 180 on the board........the lowest in my 20 years there......KK

DET- 2/26 1 more Road, Total 6 laid off of a 40 man road board, & 8 combination 2/29. This is unbielevable, freight sitting in yard (no drivers available) missed pickups GALORE, losing customers, management here are mystified on why the layoffs, when were very busy. Drivers who are still working are running on rest & constantly bumping hours.

I guess if they layoff drivers & a C.O.O. comes down, they will probably NOT make the cut & if they want to "relocate" (new word in YRC contract, used to say transfer) the drivers will pay for their own moving expenses. This has happened here on the last 2 C.O.O.'s. DET was removed from C.O.O.'s & they laid off drivers & told them "if you wanna work, transfer out". This is still a thorn in our side here, the only thing this did was screw senior drivers who WERE going to take the C.O.O. to get out of " Kwami, Granholm country"

Roadway #'s in

St. Louis MO or Fenton Mo which ever you want to call it!!!

11 laid off + 1 ESL out of 104 Road.

18 laid off + 4 ESL out of 84 City.

12 laid off + 3 ESL out of close to 70 Dock.

3/2/08

highest layoff numbers in recent history at a lot of barns

Still not even close to 2001/2002. Here in Indy (City) we now have (unless we've laid off more) 30 on lay-off. In 2001/2002, we had 58 (I was top one laid off then); Vitrtually twice as bad then-- but people seemed to have forgotten.

We still have work too. In 2001/2002 our dock looked like an ice-skating rink.

After 911 they laid off maybe up to 20 or 25 in a few different stages on the road in STL. Last year they started laying off road drivers in July and have worked their way up to a total of 54.

After 911 they laid off maybe up to 20 or 25 in a few different stages on the road in STL. Last year they started laying off road drivers in July and have worked their way up to a total of 54.

I think they will institue the Utility drivers in April, then adjust the recalls based on the leftover need.