Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
Total as of 10/31/2008:

YELLOW TERMINALS:

ATL 21 Local Cartage - 13 Road

NAN (Newnan) 4 Local Cartage

SVH (Savannah) 2 Local Cartage

RDWY 705-Valdosta: 5 road ( 2 casuals also)
35 billing clerks ( and their office manager). Dock/switchers unknown as of 10/31. Last I saw the laid off report ( a few days ago) 15.

roadway 342 kcks, was told as of 10/30/08 that they laid off another 11 men in the city, which will bring the total of laid off in that city operation (hostlers,dock,and p+d) to 44! So far no laid off on road side or union office.

RFO/CVE Layoff Update....effective Sunday, 11-2-2008...

Road
-------
64 Laid Off

Yard/Dock
------------
53 Laid Off

City
------------
13 Laid Off

Office
------------
0 Laid Off

Management threatening more layoffs as freight levels continue to drop. Waiting for more info on the "merging" of Yellow RFO and CVE with Roadway Cleveland and Akron (Copley) barns!

where or when will it stop???

i am asking myself where the ba stands on this unfair slaughtering of are (roadways) seniority list here at 313? we 313 do 2 to 3 times the number of bills then yellow yet we 313 are getting pounded with layoffs ! and as of today nov.1 the new pro lables are being used . i was told by a upper management that one of the best uses of the new pro lables is we can pick up each others freight to me that sounds like the merger is taking place as of nov.1 today?and if so when will the true seniority of the new YRC. here at 313 prevail ?or will we see a large shift in freight levels of are freight(roadway) over to yellow???

Total as of 10/31/2008:

YELLOW TERMINALS:

ATL 21 Local Cartage - 13 Road

NAN (Newnan) 4 Local Cartage

SVH (Savannah) 2 Local Cartage

If would be great if we could know how many are on the board along with the layoff numbers to get a better idea of what might be coming our way.....thanks