Yellow | Layoff Updates:

at 135 we have 28 road and i believe 12 yard/city and 10to 12 dock. don't know the yard and dock numbers for sure but i know they're pretty close.

Yell/Indy Friday laid off 3 more in the City (including me). That makes only 149 left active out of 224.

I always talk the talk of "God will Provide". Now it's time I prove it and walk the walk.

I'm guessing the Eagles had it right, after all!

Eagles | Already Gone lyrics

Well, I heard some people talkin just the other day
And they said you were gonna put me on a shelf
But let me tell you I got some news for you
And youll soon find out its true
And then youll have to eat your lunch all by yourself
cause Im already gone
And Im feelin strong
I will sing this victry song, woo, hoo,hoo,woo,hoo,hoo

The letter that you wrote me made me stop and wonder why
But I guess you felt like you had to set things right
Just remember this, my girl, when you look up in the sky
You can see the stars and still not see the light (thats right)

And Im already gone
And Im feelin strong
I will sing this victry song, woo, hoo,hoo,woo, hoo,hoo

Well I know it wasnt you who held me down
Heaven knows it wasnt you who set me free
So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
And we never even know we have the key

But me, Im already gone
And Im feelin strong
I will sing this victry song
cause Im already gone
Yes, Im already gone
And Im feelin strong
I will sing this victry song
cause Im already gone
Yes, Im already gone
Already gone
All right, nighty-night

657 5 city annd 1 road, Had 1 retire last thursday TM quoted "you'll probably be the last man to retire as a Roadway employee here" how profound that was.......

Here's a question:

In the past, Yellow always laid-off before 15 days before and after a holiday so they wouldn't owe Holiday pay. This time, Yellow/Indy worked three of us until this past Sat (5 days before Thanksgiving), then laid us off and told us we are NOT getting Holiday Pay. (Our Steward says we Eventually will; we'll either file on it or go to the NLRB!)

I don't have a contract book, and can't download pdf files, but I thought it said "Layoff staus that worked within 14 days of a holiday recieve holiday pay"? Anyone that can post it , I appreciate it! I worked within 5 days (as an active employee) , so I would think that qualifies-- Yellow says I didn't work within 14 days as a "Laid-off", so they aren't paying! Our Payroll person, who knows our contract inside out, argued all day for us, but three Labor-Relations Men e-mailed her to not pay it!

Personally, I'm thinking YRCW is in serious money trouble, and is just

A: stalling for time to get money;

B: hoping most laid off guys are mad and won't file; or

C: Hoping to stall long enough after the first of the year to file for Bankruptcy/Reoragnization to get them out of the contract, await the Pension Fund to fail, or simply break the Union???????

Or am I completly off-base?

In a strange way, I'm figuring YRCW actually did me a favor, kicking me out now instead of later??????

Here's a question:

In the past, Yellow always laid-off before 15 days before and after a holiday so they wouldn't owe Holiday pay. This time, Yellow/Indy worked three of us until this past Sat (5 days before Thanksgiving), then laid us off and told us we are NOT getting Holiday Pay. (Our Steward says we Eventually will; we'll either file on it or go to the NLRB!)

I don't have a contract book, and can't download pdf files, but I thought it said "Layoff staus that worked within 14 days of a holiday recieve holiday pay"? Anyone that can post it , I appreciate it! I worked within 5 days (as an active employee) , so I would think that qualifies-- Yellow says I didn't work within 14 days as a "Laid-off", so they aren't paying! Our Payroll person, who knows our contract inside out, argued all day for us, but three Labor-Relations Men e-mailed her to not pay it!

Personally, I'm thinking YRCW is in serious money trouble, and is just

A: stalling for time to get money;

B: hoping most laid off guys are mad and won't file; or

C: Hoping to stall long enough after the first of the year to file for Bankruptcy/Reoragnization to get them out of the contract, await the Pension Fund to fail, or simply break the Union???????

Or am I completly off-base?

In a strange way, I'm figuring YRCW actually did me a favor, kicking me out now instead of later??????
The way I read the contract as long as you worked 15 days before or after the holiday and didn't refuse work you are entitled to holiday pay. But that is the old contract. I have not been given a new yet. Lately the Union's attitude seems to be company want, company get, so who knows how it will ultimately come out.

More Layoffs At CVE/RFO!

2 more city drivers laid off at CVE/RFO bringing the total city drivers laid off to...15...!

3 more dock/yard laid off at CVE/RFO bringing the total dock/yard drivers laid off to ...62...!

No road drivers laid off this week (we heard due to the backlog of frt from the snow storm earlier in the week) so the total road drivers laid of is...94...!

Top laid off city driver has seniority of 9/17/98!
Top laid off dock/yard worker has seniority of 9/23/03!

Rumor has it that the Sunday thru and Monday thru dock bids are being cut due to the Utility Employee operation going from a Sunday thru Thursday night to a Monday thru Friday night schedule! Rather than change the individual bids, the DC management is rebidding the whole dock/yard...AGAIN! Hope they don't cut too many more bids! 62 laid off is enough! Between the laid off road drivers bumping over, and the Utility Drivers grabbing up a bunch of the dock work, the dock/yard bids are disappearing quick! I don't even want to think about what's going to happen to YELL-CVE/RFO and RDWY/Copley/Cleveland when we all "merge" if a couple of months!:chairshot:

342 - Kansas City

4 more road drivers will be laid off effective 11-29-08 midnight.

Total of 6 road drivers off.

Yellow,093, SDO, 4 on hard lay-off until this morning, all 4 called back, but for one week only, Must be mgt. holiday spirt????