New Penn | Layoffs @ 17

realityofitall

TB Regular
Credits
Bottom 4 guys on seniority board were laid off 2 weeks ago when the building underwent a rebid because of a few individuals crying about a lack of overtime. Now those 4 guys are only getting 5hrs a day and are on stand by for 8hrs. Volume is light on the outbound less than 170 a night. Anyone else this slow ? Can they do this to these guys ?

Bottom 4 guys on seniority board were laid off 2 weeks ago when the building underwent a rebid because of a few individuals crying about a lack of overtime. Now those 4 guys are only getting 5hrs a day and are on stand by for 8hrs. Volume is light on the outbound less than 170 a night. Anyone else this slow ? Can they do this to these guys ?
Only 5 hours a a day? What happened to the 8 hour guarantee?

Very sad people try to fatten their wallets while those on layoff struggle to feed their families.
Probably same ones complaining of corporate greed.
We are busy in the south app.900 outbound and 1000 inbound daily in Atl.

If they are laid off then Why are they even working at all?? I'd collect the unemployement !
And if they laid the 4 off but are working them all the 4-5 hour days then I'd look at a grievance. Company is basically using them as part timers.

I don't understand that being on standby for 8 hrs. There should be a cutoff time when they can go seek work elsewhere. And if they're on layoff can they hold them at all? Where is 17? I don't know that I'd go on the list at ABF because of the vacation policy but they could work casual and get 8 hr days.

If they are laid off then Why are they even working at all?? I'd collect the unemployement !
And if they laid the 4 off but are working them all the 4-5 hour days then I'd look at a grievance. Company is basically using them as part timers.
They tried that at Holland a few years ago. Company paid dearly.