ABF | layoffs and lost work

eckobay

TB Lurker
Credits
our terminal experienced a slow down for 1 week and 6 out of 31 were placed on layoff status immediately with a certified letter that followed. our rebid now has only 25 bids/ including 5 percenters. we r a 20% terminal. our t.m. is new and has lost major accounts since he started less than a year ago including Levis and Pacnational and sooner or later state restaraunt. who and where can a lot of complaint emails be sent to corporate to address our t.m.'s total lack of professionalism when it comes to dealing with us and our valued customers. he has snapped on many of us and some upack customers as well, when he is forced to dispatch. he continus to give freight away to a marketing partner everyday that delivers to places that we used to deliver while guys sit at home on layoff or even as percenters. i have worked at this terminal for 4 years now and i know the economy is in bad shape but this t.m. enjoys farming out a lot of our work to a marketing partner while his own workers sit at home starving. any info would be greatly appreciated. i work in las vegas 140 terminal

A few weeks ago Dayton took the bottom 12 off of the road board. They had never been recalled from layoff but almost all were working as needed. Last Friday they laid 8 more off but called them on Tuesday and asked them if they were willing to work because they had jumped the gun on the layoff. So, Dayton has 20 laid off with 8 of those still allowed to stay on the board.

I just heard today that the 8 just recalled are now laid off again plus 4 on top of that. This brings the total to 24 laid off of the Dayton road board.

about lost work I hear that all of the billing jobs are going to the GO for central billing which means a lot of teamster jobs lost. How can we stop this bleed?

10-20. 051 8 laid off from linehaul

10-31 at 042 15 or 16 laid off from the road board.Sorry I dont know they exact number but I talked to one of the guys that got laid off today and he said 15 or 16. No matter how many company wide it sucks.:chairshot: