ABF | layoffs and lost work

How about 042. I look at the ABF web site and it indicates that they are hiring dock workers. Does anyone have numbers for 042. Thanks

There is 41 road drivers laid off so far none from the dock.What I was told only a couple of drivers bumped into the dock.

ABF 004 laidoff 5 more from the city/dock on 11/14 bringing the total to 19 on the city/dock side laidoff and our seniority rooster is about 150 men with 12 or 13 men off on leave or long term disability. So with the layoff we only have a fulltime board of around 120 men working fulltime and we are a break bulk here at 004. I think the road side has 18 men laidoff but I have not checked in a week or so, so it could be more.

As of today we are down to 29 dock bids, 16 city bids, and 14 yard bids. We used to be a break bulk at 051 now I don't know what you call it. We have a total of 26 in layoff status just in the City Cartage.

we had yet ANOTHER layoff here in dayton 064. we are now at 64 dock workers laid off. in 23 years,this place had never had a lay off. as for the road i now believe they are between 70-80 guys off. as they keep laying off,the guys left jump all over the OT that is now there for them. they are working 12 hrs instead of 8 and of course getting that 6th and 7th day also. they are doing the company a favor by doing more work with less people,thus,killing any chance of anyone being called back.thx teamster brothers. i always thought the older guys were the ones to lead the way and show the bottom of the board how things work. i never realized that how things work was by cutting the throats of the younger guys with kids and putting him out into the street. anyway, god bless guys and i hope we all survive this horrible time.

we had yet ANOTHER layoff here in dayton 064. we are now at 64 dock workers laid off. in 23 years,this place had never had a lay off. as for the road i now believe they are between 70-80 guys off. as they keep laying off,the guys left jump all over the OT that is now there for them. they are working 12 hrs instead of 8 and of course getting that 6th and 7th day also. they are doing the company a favor by doing more work with less people,thus,killing any chance of anyone being called back.thx teamster brothers. i always thought the older guys were the ones to lead the way and show the bottom of the board how things work. i never realized that how things work was by cutting the throats of the younger guys with kids and putting him out into the street. anyway, god bless guys and i hope we all survive this horrible time.

Same thing happens at 051. Senior guys tell us how "They did it to us way back when". I'm sick of it!!! These guys have a 40 hour guaranteed bid and they're coming in to work 6th and 7th punches while the bottom 20 on the layoff list get 1 or 2 days if they are lucky. Something's wrong with that!

we will only survive "this horrible time" if we stick together
seems like the opposite is occurring and thereby playing right into the company's plan, divide & conquer
everyone is out for themselves and are losing sight of what being in a union is all about
there are no I's in TEAMSTER boys & girls so wake up and smell what you've been shovelin
let us not be "our own worst enemy" or :TR10driving03:

Ditto for 130 {PHX}, many of these guys pride themselves on being "real" Teamsters and look down their nose at "corporate greed".... and the ones that have seniority that could care less about what a contract means are in the bosses office;:butt kiss:

5 Road Drivers in Cheyenne laid off but we still have the top extra board drivers running 4 Saltlakecity lay downs a week so much for helping out our fellow Teamster brothers let the bottom of the board guy's starve I guess greed is and helping yourself out is more important than sticking together

5 Road Drivers in Cheyenne laid off but we still have the top extra board drivers running 4 Saltlakecity lay downs a week so much for helping out our fellow Teamster brothers let the bottom of the board guy's starve I guess greed is and helping yourself out is more important than sticking together
sorry to hear about the lay offs there, this whole thing really stinks.i just think it's sad that the top guys are so damn greedy?!! who's fault is it that the top guys act this way? our union(well at least here in 064) doesn't tell our members anything. they sure wouldn't tell guys to just work their 40 hours and go home so maybe the bottom guys can get some hours and maybe a few guys laid off could come back. as i said before, as long as the guys continue to work extra and do the same amount of work with a smaller work force,they company will never need to bring guys back to work. too bad it's not like the old days where you got your a$$ whipped for screwing over teamsters. has anyone heard any rumors concerning dayton,ohio? or south chicago 034? thx guys for posting and keeping us updated !