ABF | layoffs and lost work

same situation going on at 069.............7 laid off currently after having 5 retire this year..........board down fron 31 to 19..............missing pickups and giving freight away.........................what ever happened to customer service?

Laid off 14 more road drivers Thursday at 042. That makes 77 laid off. 6 on the dock. The 14 laid off were working good according to union steward.

These layoffs stink 489 now has 7 on lay off plus one off with back surgery and one off for a year because of a DUI I was told by the T.M that I couldn't take any time off because if I did he was going to have to lay someone off so I worked till I was out of hours and the next day I got the call that I was layed off I guess it didn't pay to slow down and use up my hours this whole layoff thing is mostly due to the economy but when I started here I was told we are one big family at ABF wat a lie thanks for the loyalty to your employees there seems to be alot of things going on at 489 that isn't right but guy's don't want to rock the boat they are to afraid they will be out looking for a job also why isn't the teamsters looking out for there members and asking guy's to do what is right by the contract

These layoffs stink 489 now has 7 on lay off plus one off with back surgery and one off for a year because of a DUI I was told by the T.M that I couldn't take any time off because if I did he was going to have to lay someone off so I worked till I was out of hours and the next day I got the call that I was layed off I guess it didn't pay to slow down and use up my hours this whole layoff thing is mostly due to the economy but when I started here I was told we are one big family at ABF wat a lie thanks for the loyalty to your employees there seems to be alot of things going on at 489 that isn't right but guy's don't want to rock the boat they are to afraid they will be out looking for a job also why isn't the teamsters looking out for there members and asking guy's to do what is right by the contract

If enough of the layed off workers quit paying dues are even threatened to turn in their book the union might wake up.JMOP.

orlando has about one third of their board laid off. the last man working I think has about 8 years seniority. I used to work at that terminal and still talk to the guys there and it seems pretty slow.I am sorry . one third of that board is about 11 drivers. hope this helps some

Here at 120 in Albuquerque we have 220 road drivers with 26 laid off. I was #1 to be called back until about two weeks ago when they laid off 5 more. Sucks!!!

there is 8 of us laid-off in columbus and the new tm said maybe up to 5 more by end of month. i just hope things turn around and we start all getting called back real soon

we had another round of lay offs on the dock in dayton,ohio 064. they let 14 more go monday night. we now have 78 dock workers off and over 70 drivers. this last round of layoffs came after the workers were told about 10 days ago,that there would be NO more layoffs. how can you tell when management is lying? when you see their lips moving.

Company says it has reduced its fleet by 14 percent in road tractor and 9 percent in trailer with further reducitions to come in 2009 . 1450 workers let go now more to come.Thanks ABF

Is there a rule that can help me.
I was laid off in November, called back in January because of the 12 foreign drivers in one month rule. After 21 days I was laid off again. I think if they can call me back for that reason it should be good enough for me to stay. Anyone, Anyone?