Yellow | Layoffs at 857 Columbus Oh. as of today

agree on WHY we can't hire anybody and WHY can't we have voluntary lay offs ????? if the company is so broke then let a senior guy at higher pay take a voluntary lay off and work the lower pay guy ???

agree on WHY we can't hire anybody and WHY can't we have voluntary lay offs ????? if the company is so broke then let a senior guy at higher pay take a voluntary lay off and work the lower pay guy ???

I would think that would work for everybody. Very good idea! It would help everyone.

At the Columbus terminal everyone makes the same pay. The people effected by the layoff all have approx 25 years or more seniority. Besides why would a senior person go on unemployment to make a third of his working income? they have families to feed too.

harleyman the reason is that I am a senior man and I know how to manage my money & invested well , and I DON'T WANT TO WORK ON THE DOCK WHEN IT IS -10 BELOW ZERO , when a junior man sits home in a WARM house collecting unemployment , and I don't live pay check to pay check like some co-workers , its called money management and NOT trying to keep up with the Jone's by buying new $50k Diesel pick-up trucks or a $60k horse trailer to haul around some old nag horse's to wk-end wanta-be rodeo events , and one more reason is that there is MORE TO LIFE THAN WORKING 60 TO 70 HRS A WEEK !!!!!

I was thinking maybe if the senoir person could afford a lay off. That would help the lower man out. If you all are above 25yrs. It won't help much. Its still a good idea i think.

At the Columbus terminal everyone makes the same pay. The people effected by the layoff all have approx 25 years or more seniority. Besides why would a senior person go on unemployment to make a third of his working income? they have families to feed too.

I know a lot of guys that love to deer hunt and hve side business. I know of a few that have wives that make big money. All these guys have said the would gladly take a month or two off. I think the only way a voluntary layoff would work is if you volunteered for a set time. When that time is over the layoff spot goes to the top of the board to be polled until it gets to the end and someone is forced.

The problem with this is management is LAZY. This would require to much work and would cut down on the YouTube, Hunting sites, and time to set with there feet propped up when trailers need to be closed.

well wrongway I guess u went the rightway with your money.While u sit home this winter nice and warm drawing unemployment I hope u or none of ur family has to go to the hospital, without insurance u will become broke . If you are sooo well off why are you still working?

well wrongway I guess u went the rightway with your money.While u sit home this winter nice and warm drawing unemployment I hope u or none of ur family has to go to the hospital, without insurance u will become broke . If you are sooo well off why are you still working?

He can still have insurance. We had a guy at my barn last year that is an electrician. He would come in for fifteen minute and leave. Pissed management off big time. He was making plenty of money on the side just needed punches for insurance. I laughed mt ass of one day when he left during preshift. Nothing chaps them more than to know you work because you want to not because you have to.

He can still have insurance. We had a guy at my barn last year that is an electrician. He would come in for fifteen minute and leave. Pissed management off big time. He was making plenty of money on the side just needed punches for insurance. I laughed mt ass of one day when he left during preshift. Nothing chaps them more than to know you work because you want to not because you have to.
If he's laid off there is NO insurance. Unless he pays the COBRA.

harleyman the reason is that I am a senior man and I know how to manage my money & invested well , and I DON'T WANT TO WORK ON THE DOCK WHEN IT IS -10 BELOW ZERO , when a junior man sits home in a WARM house collecting unemployment , and I don't live pay check to pay check like some co-workers , its called money management and NOT trying to keep up with the Jone's by buying new $50k Diesel pick-up trucks or a $60k horse trailer to haul around some old nag horse's to wk-end wanta-be rodeo events , and one more reason is that there is MORE TO LIFE THAN WORKING 60 TO 70 HRS A WEEK !!!!!
So true at more to life than 60 to 70 hour weeks. Poor financial decisions really do play a role in some of our brothers lives now. Always prepare for the worst and never be afraid to enjoy the fruits of your labor. There is a fine line between the two that some just fail to comprehend.

Albag your ignorance is showing. Different conferences, different rules. Southeastern conference is work one day get plan f, work three days get full bennies.

Don't believe me? Ask KK.

I know a lot of guys that love to deer hunt and hve side business. I know of a few that have wives that make big money. All these guys have said the would gladly take a month or two off. I think the only way a voluntary layoff would work is if you volunteered for a set time. When that time is over the layoff spot goes to the top of the board to be polled until it gets to the end and someone is forced.

The problem with this is management is LAZY. This would require to much work and would cut down on the YouTube, Hunting sites, and time to set with there feet propped up when trailers need to be closed.

Heaven forbid, if the employees "had it their way!"
That might relinquish too much control!

I don't know about any other plans, but my plan will cover you for six months from the time you are laid off going forward. When your coverage starts winding down,then the H&W office will send you a certified letter stating so and forms for the cobra option.

One of the Columbus drivers came into our yard Wednesday to pick up one of your trailers...! Told me then that they were facing layoff...Happy Thanksgiving from YRC....your letter of layoff will be in your mail box shortly. What do you say to a brother, in this case a sister being put out ...just at the begining of the Holidays. I know it's the nature of the business...but with all the bull **** going on it will be starting at our barn shortly. It's nearing the dead line so the games will begin...even more so than normal. Under YRC mindset we are still hiring managers, it is like a total dumping ground....for pos managers to be transfered here. The BS never ends, just sitting back to see what's coming our way next.!!

In my conference if your 6 week bank has been used coverage ends with the layoff.

cobra is $1300 a month . my new blue cross blue shield under the aca is now $340 an month plus it has dental and eye care. cobra doesn't.