Estes | Layoffs at Christmas?

EastBoundnDown

TB Lurker
Credits
OK I'm gettin' nervous now. Linehual drivers are talkin up the layoff rumor and I don't need this crap at Christmas time.

Suppossed to be cutting people this Friday. I hope this is just linehual BS.

Has anyone heard this?

lol, you are not getting laid off. they dont care for you that much.

they rather hire people month ago and let you starve to death now. some terminals are making thier city guys take atleast 1 day off a day. cancelling bid linehaul runs, 1 guy ran his run 1 day last week. sendin most of the linehaul and hub or keeping them in the motel.

christmas layoffs

Don't know about any layoffs,but I know that I've missed 3 days out of the last 9 on my run. Other runs have been missing days also. A bid layover driver from our terminal ran only 9 days the other month

Linehaul Layoffs

:hysterical: They aren't going to layoff linehaul drivers. You just won't run when they have no freight. Its harder to hire a road driver than a city driver anyway. All these rumors as Jr. says does hurt everyone.

Layoffs are here.Charlotte just laid off 40.10each Linehaul, P&D, Dock, & Office.Runs at our terminal are getting cut regularly.I've missed 2 days each of last 6 weeks.They're talking of cutting P&D and Dock back to 30 Hrs. a week.They'll end up losing employees if this keeps up too much longer.