Holland | Layoffs at NPME

jimmyjoe (jj)

TB Lurker
Credits
Just when you thought you heard it all I came across a thread on the NPME forum. I guess they had a layoff and this one driver is crediting part of it toward Holland. Saying that since Alvan went out of Buss. and Holland is getting the freight, we can not get it delv. in a timely manner. So they are losing buss. due to US,(HOLLAND).

I guess we have broad shoulders!!! Just check out the thread.

Just when you thought you heard it all I came across a thread on the NPME forum. I guess they had a layoff and this one driver is crediting part of it toward Holland. Saying that since Alvan went out of Buss. and Holland is getting the freight, we can not get it delv. in a timely manner. So they are losing buss. due to US,(HOLLAND).

JJ, I saw that the other day myself. I started to post a message there but decided against it, I didn't want to get anything started on their forum. I don't guess they/he has the common sense to understand that its not we Holland employee's that are to blame but YRC. YRC is calling the shots at Holland, New Penn, Reddaway, Roadway and Yellow. If YRC doesn't let us have the people we need to do our jobs at Holland then how's it Hollands fault that New Penn is laying off. I know that you and most everyone else realizes this but maybe after the shock of a layoff at New Penn wears off to them, they will too. I guess some of the New Penn guys have been drinking YRCW's Kool-Aid, :toxic:, about how New Penn is doing great and they won't have to change a thing.

I know we have 28 road and 9 city on layoff in Indy. I worked in the city last week (I am on layoff from the road) and we sent out 139 loads on Wednesday. I do not understand why we are on layoff. Also, all of the city pick-ups and deliveries could not be made. It looks like they are trying to lose business. One problem is that YRC bases their work force on yesterdays numbers. How can you run an efficient customer oriented business bases on what happened yesterday? Sometimes having extra help is just the cost of doing business.

lets get one thing straight here,ok,i'm not blameing holland for any lay-offs at NPME. prov. driver saying not likeing being layed-off and just telling him how much freight we lost in system because alvan closeing. more freight than alot of guys might think. were getting lets say 5 a day from alvan and giveing them 5 a day. now getting nothing from that area and giveing about 7-8 aweek to holland which replaced alvan for delivery in that area. i was told holland wasnt makeing the 2nd day delivery in that area and that hasn't helped the situation freight wise. but it was clearly an ALVAN and NPME freight deal that went bad, because of ALVAN closeing, so once again,i'm not blameing holland for NPME drivers being layed-off.

I'm sorry for the layoffs at New Penn Train, when something happens to you or someone you know its hard to understand sometimes. I know you guys have been doing your jobs the best way you know how and it has been fine for everybody up until now. Thats the YRC way, they build you up and then they knock you down. Then they help you up so they can knock you down again, its a pattern we've been seeing at Holland for a couple of years now. Hang in there the best you can and sooner or later they'll go bother somebody else for a while and leave you alone for a little bit. But don't ever fool yourself in to believing that they won't be back to knock you down again, they will.

:beerchug:Well it is hollands fault isn't it ? Oh by the way that Kool-aid is great,I think I'll have some more.

Well sir you must think Holland controls what is actually done at Holland. Contrary to what is being said about no micro-managing by YRC, we are taking our marching orders from YRC. We are told we need to be more like npme. They don't high and tight frt. Funny,we didn't until YRC told us to.Direct load ? We did until YRC said it wasn't profitable. Get the picture yet ? Next day frt ? We wrote the book on it with our kick and pick.Now we must have utility to do the same job but limited to shorter distance. Versatile ? Open board with a 7-day bag.Other companies frowned on it but it worked. Blame ?? Try YRC. Just my 2-cents

usf-indy is correct about USF Holland being the leader in Next Day Freight! No one could touch them on their service UNTILL YRC took over. They used to haul Good (if not the best) freight and it paid very well because of the service. It is a shame to see such a great "Legend" get treated this way.

Maybe in the Midwest. But New Penn was always tops in the N.E. and Reddaway on the west Coast. Now we have 3 of the preimer next day LTL together covering the whole country and you we think we would be making money hand over fist...Except those idiots at YRC think they know how to run a trucking company. If these idiots make a nickel on a dollar they think they are the Gods of freight. Once upon a time at New Penn if we made a nickel on a dollar heads would roll..We always made at least 15 cents on a dollars, till YRC started sucking the life out of us...........

Maybe in the Midwest. But New Penn was always tops in the N.E. and Reddaway on the west Coast. Now we have 3 of the preimer next day LTL together covering the whole country and you we think we would be making money hand over fist...Except those idiots at YRC think they know how to run a trucking company. If these idiots make a nickel on a dollar they think they are the Gods of freight. Once upon a time at New Penn if we made a nickel on a dollar heads would roll..We always made at least 15 cents on a dollars, till YRC started sucking the life out of us...........
It shouldn't be hard to be the top company in the N.E. I mean you should be able to make all your service freight times, You guys don't cover that much ground.

Yellow board

They are saying on the yellow forum that yellow, roadway, and usf will be in one house soon holding hands. They say that this will save the company big money on propane at the weinie roast.

I remember when I first started working at holland and we had a slow time and the O/R got to 95, Our TM about came un-"F"ing-glued. I can only imagine what she was hearing from above. Now 95 would be GOOD news.