Yellow | Layoffs at YRC

freightgal

TB Lurker
Credits
Not sure what is going on here. I was let go due to restructuring of the Sales Force. Just heard that they let go 85 reps and 45 people in Corporate. Has anyone heard anything?

Say what?

47Kvhjy.jpg

sorry that you were laid off ,but YRCW has been downsizing for the past 4-5 years , and thinking more downsizing will happen as more freight is being Quietly moved over to the Regional ones and more is being outsourced for interline . just look at this last change of OPS , they always change way more then they say they will change !!!!

Not sure what is going on here. I was let go due to restructuring of the Sales Force. Just heard that they let go 85 reps and 45 people in Corporate. Has anyone heard anything?
I don't know were you worked at, but nothing as of today @ Hsbg., #135. i'll ask around tomorrow.

If freightgal didn't get fired but just laidoff.Then maybe she will be brought back in.When the weather breaks and the freight picks up.

If freightgal didn't get fired but just laidoff.Then maybe she will be brought back in.When the weather breaks and the freight picks up.
She was NOT laid off or fired. Permanent reduction of force. She may be eligible for rehire, unlikely as that may be.

I'm a road driver at 347 and I can't get laid off. When we lost our run to Canada we got a no layoff clause.
Never and Can't are two different words. Just be careful to never say never. Seems like things change overnite anymore. Good luck.

No one knows anything about it in Hsbg. They just added a Sales Person at Carlstadt, NJ. #126, #116 still has 2, same in Brklyn #187. I'll keep asking around.
Job fair coming up @ Hsbg. 2/28 ? it's on the local radio stations. Hiring in all classifications.

No one knows anything about it in Hsbg. They just added a Sales Person at Carlstadt, NJ. #126, #116 still has 2, same in Brklyn #187. I'll keep asking around.
Job fair coming up @ Hsbg. 2/28 ? it's on the local radio stations. Hiring in all classifications.
I will be there for the job fair !!!! Figure if they hire me for dock , p and d, and sales, all casual. I will get 40 hours$$$&

I will be there for the job fair !!!! Figure if they hire me for dock , p and d, and sales, all casual. I will get 40 hours$$$&

Don't forget to bring that Famous Popcorn from your Hometown! I think our Machine is broken, it's been in the Driver Supers Office for months.

Are you sure it is broken? Maybe they like popcorn as well as I do. :drama:

Well not sure. We only had it if we went 30 days without any injuries and or accidents. I'm not really a fan of popcorn myself. I do like Cracker Jack.

When there is Freightquote.com,CH Robinson,and Echo Global Logistics, and the such why do u need sales people? That is where this industry has been heading for a long time now! We canned excuse me let go according to management two sales people at 152 about two weeks ago!

Reactions: jeb
When there is Freightquote.com,CH Robinson,and Echo Global Logistics, and the such why do u need sales people? That is where this industry has been heading for a long time now! We canned excuse me let go according to management two sales people at 152 about two weeks ago!

With many shippers a good salesperson with the right personality and attitude can be a real asset in terms of getting and keeping the freight coming. Obviously not all salespeople have those characteristics and not all shippers would care either. Besides, good salespeople have been known to occasionally bring in crumb cake from B&W for the P&D drivers in the morning right Roady?