Estes | layoffs in the east

imported_birddog

TB Lurker
Credits
I just got informed that Charlotte laid off 10 drivers Friday and cancelled 5 bid runs. The drivers that lost their runs were told that they would be running the extra board with a start day of Friday. This means that they will be running the weekends which isn't fair when drivers with less seniority are running Monday thru Friday. They didn't get an option but what can you expect from a company that has no concept of what seniority means.

I just got informed that Charlotte laid off 10 drivers Friday and cancelled 5 bid runs. The drivers that lost their runs were told that they would be running the extra board with a start day of Friday. This means that they will be running the weekends which isn't fair when drivers with less seniority are running Monday thru Friday. They didn't get an option but what can you expect from a company that has no concept of what seniority means.
Seniority? ........ Seniority? Can't find that in the Estes English Dictionary. Soon it will be Senor (Spanish without the thing above the "o"), ci Senor! Since the Mexican trucks are coming over now, maybe Rob can hire them on as extra boards, get rid of all our runs and say...see...Senor!

I have a friend who graduated (with me) from trucking school, and her husb. works at Estes... She was told that she would have no prob. getting hired to run teams with him... Well it's several weeks after graduation, and they told her that there is a hiring freeze going on...so she was told just to wait it out...

yes and they have laid off at 001 iam on worker comp broke some bones and have to have surgery i got a letter from estes stating i was terminated wow amagin that

Welcome. Sorry to hear that. How long had you worked here? I hope surgery goes good.

Welcome. Sorry to hear that. How long had you worked here? I hope surgery goes good.
DITTO.

You can be terminated when injured on the job? New one on me. Wonder what's next - Sorry, have to lay you off, you showed up on time and got your load down the road safely!

Godspeed on your surgery and recovery. Hope you find someone who appreciates your skills and puts you to work.

yes and they have laid off at 001 iam on worker comp broke some bones and have to have surgery i got a letter from estes stating i was terminated wow amagin that
Well you know how it works beat down all night long until you can't go no more. Then:biglaugh: :hysterical: they throw you to the gutter. Wow what a company I think my dog is better off in his kennel than working at E

Well you know how it works beat down all night long until you can't go no more. Then:biglaugh: :hysterical: they throw you to the gutter. Wow what a company I think my dog is better off in his kennel than working at E

I have teached my dog a new trick. When I take him for a walk and there is an Estes truck and trailer parked along the curb, he walks right over and hikes his leg and urinates all over them ugly red wheels. :hysterical:

You might want to see an attorney about that. I know from being in management, that you CAN NOT fire anyone on workers comp... My company tried to get me to do that once,(fire someone out on comp) and it bit them on the a**

have you been off more than 12 weeks?If you have I think they can let you go but they have to offer you limited duty first,Also if you got hurt on the job you should get a lawyer regardess.You also should have been given a disability rating.Trust Gallagher Basset will not tell you anything but you are entitled to monetary compensation. Good Luck with the surgery

i have been there 5 years and thanks for the good wishes
Rosco, I think he's asking if you were off 12 or more weeks due to the injury. I know I'm going to look into the laws now. Don't want to get caught with my shorts down if I ever get hurt.

Seems to me the advice about an attorney is good. Something doesn't seem right here. You have protection when injured on the job and you should call your state business or labor board.

Hope you do something, they'll just keep on doing their crap unless people start standing up to them with government intervention.

Good luck!

Rosco, I think he's asking if you were off 12 or more weeks due to the injury. I know I'm going to look into the laws now. Don't want to get caught with my shorts down if I ever get hurt.

Seems to me the advice about an attorney is good. Something doesn't seem right here. You have protection when injured on the job and you should call your state business or labor board.

Hope you do something, they'll just keep on doing their crap unless people start standing up to them with government intervention.

Good luck!
Speaking of government intervention. There is a class action law suit about to enter the courts in California. This is in regards to linedrivers not being compensated, while on duty, in regards to delays. This involves another carrier. But we all know Estes is a big advocate of delaying line drivers every night without compensation. So my advice is to watch and observe the results of this litigation. In the mean time document all your delays. Log all your time on duty. This is the law by the way. File your trip cards showing the delays. Punch the clock. Do not write your times in and out. Keep your check stubs, proving you were not payed for your time. Some of you may say. I don't want to cause waves. B.S. The law is there to protect you from renegade companys who would have your kids working the dock for free if they could.Stand up people. The more you give, the more they take.