Estes | layoffs in the east

You forget we are all "at will" employees unless we work in state that has laws for workers being fired of which i think CA has some laws but most do not. An "at will" employee can get fired for any reason or no reason. As far as that poor guy on comp. he has no recourse with the labor board I tried that once with another company and the first question I was asked is "what union do you belong to" when I said none they told me they could not help me the labor board only deals with companies that have collective agreements.

This one is right on, I was a Teamster at one time had to leave the job for slow reasons, wish I would have found another Teamster job.
I went to the BIG E cause it seemed like it would be a cool place to work, oh by the way, glad I did'nt tell them I worked for a Union Company before, cause after they already hired me I found out they don't hire ex union drivers. Which is wrong and against the law.
I do have to say at first it was'nt a bad company to work for, hauling all those 53 footers around, then came the hey you guys can share a hotel room, then holding you to load freight, then pups and more pups, then etc. etc.
This company has taken a turn for the worse that is for sure.
Better hope you don't get hurt real bad.
And there must be a good Buddy systems cause I know of two guys that have had medical problems and one was let go but the one that is in the Buddy system got to keep his job.

I really dont think it is fair about alot of alot of things here at estes express lines, but thats what we get for not being part a union! I also think that the guys that lost their runs also need to stop whining and just do there job! I am an extra board driver and have been for 4 years and I havent been able to get a run because teams keep splitting up and taking single driver runs, now is that fair? How can a team split and take a solo run, but two solo drivers cant pair up to make a team run?? GO FIGURE! Alot of these drivers that have lost there runs have maybe 6 months on the board if that, now is it fair that you take a guy that has been on the board away from his/her family(I also have two kids myself) to keep these other drivers happy? I also know that when you take a run that you also agree that if that run was to cancel at any time, you take what is open without loosing your seniority! It is also not fair that 3 flex drivers got bid runs, but never spent one day on the board, how fair is that? All I can say, Welcome weekend warrior, welcome!!

If you had the Union seniority would matter you would get something in return for your time spent with this company.
I talked to a guy that lost his run after 18 years at the big e and was put on Extra board when there were drivers with alot less time with runs getting home everyday.
Wake up and smell the coffee.
I've been Union, and although I did'nt like some about being Union, alot of this crap that goes on at this company would come to an end.