Holland | layoffs starting again!!!

miapow56

TB Lurker
Credits
I"m in Atlanta and just got called back 5 weeks ago and this past Friday they let 3 guys go...I'm next in line. Are they starting this back up at any other terminals?

We've had a few road guys retire and several more are suppose to be going by the end of the year, that should help our road men? City guys are a different story, another one retired last week but we still have 20 plus laid off, they didn't work any 10 %ers on Tuesday so that usually means there will be some laid off at the end of the week, we'll have to see what happens then.

Nothing new, the vote is over and they shoveled their stuff down our throats again. We'll be called back when they want another 5%.

they keep laying off.in gb area they dont have enough drivers to get all the pick ups.so they are calling con-way and any one else.so sad.so do they really want to make it.

they keep laying off.in gb area they dont have enough drivers to get all the pick ups.so they are calling con-way and any one else.so sad.so do they really want to make it.

Did you say Holland is using Conway to pick up Holland freight? I think you meant to post that some Holland customers are calling Conway to pick up Holland freight that Holland should have picked up but missed the pickup. That sounds logical to me, but still not good for us Holland men. I would say the Union should be notified real quick on the intentional loss of Union freight to a **** carrier. We gaveback YRC everything they wanted and now they keep our Brothers laid off and lose freight accounts to **** carriers. What a joke Hoffa Jr is! :Flame-On:::shit::

I wonder is this is what they ment for us to get after they took anthor 5%. More layoffs. Well at least we have a 10 yr recall or at least that's what the contract say's untill they change it again. Oh yea and we are saving YRC Horrrra!!!!:shift:

City guys are a different story, another one retired last week but we still have 20 plus laid off, they didn't work any 10 %ers on Tuesday so that usually means there will be some laid off at the end of the week, we'll have to see what happens then.

Everyone is safe again this week in LO, our outbound actually picked up by 50 bills per night? Inbound stayed close to the same.

In Me,conway has picked up freight off our dock 3 times in the last 2 weeks.

Stick did this occur on O/B? I know sometimes Shippers with drop trailers sometimes load another carriers frt on our trailer accidentally. Other than that I've never seen a Conway on our yard. Let me know if you think there is some infraction here. Grizz

10 year warrantee ?

I wonder is this is what they ment for us to get after they took anthor 5%. More layoffs. Well at least we have a 10 yr recall or at least that's what the contract say's untill they change it again. Oh yea and we are saving YRC Horrrra!!!!:shift:

I wouldn’t exactly call it a contract, I would trust a used car salesman over the IBT And YRC both at this point.

3 city at RO well 2...one was coming back Monday on a recall . 2 weeks to come back and they laid him before he made it so 3 all together