Holland | layoffs starting again!!!

Lay off's

You know guy's if you would pull out of the union you wouldn't be laid off in fact they would be hiring ! We don't get representation any more and no pension so why not ,we want the co to be profitable, and we want to help save our job's, so why not do the right thing and tell the union to go #sand! After all they are as useless as tits on a bull ! I MEAN REALLY WHAT HAS YOUR UNION DONE FOR US LATELY ?::shit:::eck13::nutkick::shift::biglaugh:

well here we go again why is it that holland is laying off again and ccx ,fedex are hiring . if things in trucking are so bad? why do ups frieght , old dominion , ccx have commercials on tv saying ship with them i have seen the commercials on espn ,espn2 and other sports channels seems they know something we dont. i was never laidoff until yellow bought us sounds like management should look back to when the company made money instead of messing with our lives and quit spending money like drunken sailors on liberty

Where have you been lately driver. There have been numerous posts on T/Boards about Fedex, Conway and other non union companies slashing our rates to steal our freight, hence that results in less work for YRC and more work for those carriers. Which also translates into YRC needing LESS manpower and the other carriers needing MORE manpower. GOT IT. I hope these dog carriers go broke hauling freight for nothing!!:ranting2:::shit::

from what I am hearing its called 90/120 90% discount for 120 days. guess if they do that for 4 months it will drive us out. Then they riase the prices cause we are no longer a player. I can only guess that all parts of YRC make alittle money but not enough to carry Yellow... just an opinion

Guys it's only a BS rumor that's been going around forever. Sometimes it's called 90/90 and sometimes 90/120. I've heard the same thing so many times I thought everyone knew it was BS by now. For those of you that haven't heard it before it's only BS. Let's get back on the topic of this thread please.

They got 8 city last Friday in IN.
Either TM is pi**ed about folks not showing up on Friday or they are expecting even lower freight volume.

Our TM got mad about the guys who got called back taking their sick days and layed them off again. Most worked the whole week. I think there were two who signed a no call letter.

Our TM got mad about the guys who got called back taking their sick days and layed them off again. Most worked the whole week. I think there were two who signed a no call letter.

Our terminal was closed ER...:ranting2: I was on call... 10th or 12th doesn't matter... I was not allowed to use my sick days.:eck13: I have 5 of them. Still have 5 of them the company won't pay them out even though they closed our terminal. :nutkick:They say that they will pay them out after the first of the year as unused sick pay... that is BS because of the wage reductions and the possibilities of bankruptcy...I feel I will not see a dime of it. I feel that if I was called to work ... being on call... and I want to use a sick day, I should be able to receive it. :Flame-On:

So i do not blame those guys for taking there sick days... use them if you have them so you don't have the same thing happen to you.
:smilie_132:

Our terminal was closed ER...:ranting2: I was on call... 10th or 12th doesn't matter... I was not allowed to use my sick days.:eck13: I have 5 of them. Still have 5 of them the company won't pay them out even though they closed our terminal. :nutkick:They say that they will pay them out after the first of the year as unused sick pay... that is BS because of the wage reductions and the possibilities of bankruptcy...I feel I will not see a dime of it. I feel that if I was called to work ... being on call... and I want to use a sick day, I should be able to receive it. :Flame-On:

So i do not blame those guys for taking there sick days... use them if you have them so you don't have the same thing happen to you.
:smilie_132:
I don't blame them either. They have those days coming and may only have a short time to use them before they get layed off for the winter. They would be screwed if all the layed of guys signed to not be called. Then they would have no driver qualified casuals.

well with the next bid there will be 3 more city laid off in dn heard that from the steward just hope hoffa and our local president have a good holidays this year with their big raises they took glad i dont have to pay my dues

3 city men were called back a few weeks ago. Friday, a week ago, they and one more city man were laid off. We lost two more city men this past Friday and there is word our TM is leaving for Vitran. Please Vitran don't take this wonderful person from us. I know he was a TM at PJAX in the past and left when he wasn't wanted any longer after Vitran and PJAX were joined together. SS is the greatest BSer, I mean TM, in the world and I know if he were to leave us we would be lost without his wonderful leadership, lol. Good luck SS, we all hope you get what you deserve in life from here on out.

P.S.: Does SS stand for Super Stupid, Super Steve or SS like in Germany during WW2?

German SS during WW2: An elite quasi-military unit of the (⊙▃⊙) party that served as ಠ▄ಠ's personal guard and as a special security force in Germany and the occupied countries.