SAIA | Layoffs

dirk61

TB Lurker
Credits
Ive been here @ Saia for 10+ years and we had one layoff in 2002 and now im hearing of a possible another one its been confirmed that in Kentucky
& ohio there have also in Augusta,Ga two line haul drivers or three there ,because there is going to be a big meeting on the 24th and 25th of July at all the terminals and there will be a higher up at each one.Has anyone heard about the raise we always get in august we pretty much get an idea of how much in july but have not heard a peep if any one cares write let us all know Dirk61.

Ive been here @ Saia for 10+ years and we had one layoff in 2002 and now im hearing of a possible another one its been confirmed that in Kentucky
& ohio there have also in Augusta,Ga two line haul drivers or three there ,because there is going to be a big meeting on the 24th and 25th of July at all the terminals and there will be a higher up at each one.Has anyone heard about the raise we always get in august we pretty much get an idea of how much in july but have not heard a peep if any one cares write let us all know Dirk61.

Well the big meeting far as i know is the standard quarterly meeting!! You know the one where they tell you how great the company is doing!! The only draw back is they tell us drivers how much we suck and could be doing so much better!! I always have one question pop up in my mind.. How many people in management drive trucks? I would think the company is doing great because of US! But i guess the money is made in the air conditioned offices behind a desk!!:toxic:

I layoff in Kentucky??? I have no numbers but I do know it's more than 1.Several terminals have laid -off in KY.Better shut up,I may be next!!!

I have not heard any talk of Layoffs at any Texas terminals...or from any Texas drivers.
I would think that us system drivers would be the first to get wacked if this were so...

Come west we need drivers her on the left coast. I am adding Line haul drivers in Oregon and need city drivers in Seattle.

Come west we need drivers her on the left coast. I am adding Line haul drivers in Oregon and need city drivers in Seattle.

They supposedly need drivers here in the Chicago area too, (big job ad right in the Sunday paper) but it seems I'm just meant to be jacked around by Saia. I can't sugar-coat it anymore than that. I've had 2 interviews, last one was on July 11th. Was told "we'll get back to you". I talked to you before cstaats about Saia.
I was told (here in Markham) that they have to interview other applicants and pick out the best.
I consider myself pretty good with 22 years of safe driving and good attendance record too.
What other requirements are needed???
This is really starting to get old after applying twice at Saia and now my second application expires tomorrow. I kind of wish Clark Bros. were still around, I'm sure they didn't play games like what's going on now with Saia in the picture.

At the last 1/4 meeting, Debbie from HR told us at GNC, this years raise had already been approved but would say how much. Layoff talks COULD be generated because July is usually a slow month with most companies having vacations time around July 4th. You could always volunteer to come to GNC. We had a city driver leave, and still could use 2 more drivers--IF we could talk HR into them. But that ain't happin' either.

CLT and GBO are both adding drivers right now. I heard that AUG lost a large account and that was the reason for those layoffs. We were also told by Marty and Debbie that the raises were approved and would go into effect first week of August. We'll see.

Hey Beermug, You don't know how many of us former (OLD) Clark Bros drivers would love to see Mr. Clark come back. I would go back and work for him in a heartbeat. Widowmaker (former CLBT Linehaul Driver)

Hey Beermug, You don't know how many of us former (OLD) Clark Bros drivers would love to see Mr. Clark come back. I would go back and work for him in a heartbeat. Widowmaker (former CLBT Linehaul Driver)

I hear you widowmaker,
Yeah, things are really turning to the worse of trying to get back into one of these "big" companys now a days. I was at Preston at that time and used to talk to a few of you Clark guys running across I-80 for a short while (couldn't catch a Clark truck) back in the mid-'80s. I miss those days in the worst way.

ronnie moore

yes he is still there in jax he was one of people on seen out in marion county for the fatal wreck on cr 318 along with ron jackson.