SAIA | Layoffs

A phone call came in today (according to our tm) that saia is going to lay off ONE full time person from EVERY terminal. Any one else heard this?

GNC laid off a full time p/d man and kept the part time dock man. Said it was a senoirity thing. Why keep a dock man that can only drive a forklift but not a truck, and let a truckdriver that can also drive a forklift and a truck. Let the parttimer go, bump the p/d man back to part time, keep the freight moving, and make money. Somebody has lost there mind.

we need drivers bad here at eva I mean bad we cant even cover the freight we have we will not be laying off

Same here at GNC. Can't make the all the deliveries with the few drivers we do have. Pickups go lacking, and corp is screaming to get it done make it happen.

yes it is true it depends how big the terminal is I heard 4 city 2 dock in mia, 2 wpb, 4 orl , 1 jax, 2 dol yes every where.

well i am out of the norfolk,va terminal and we lost one as well as richmond terminal. i guess so much for the we care we share motto huh.