Holland | Layoffs

Fthemwithasmile

TB Lurker
Credits
Reddaway is now laying off dock workers. They may be laying off drivers in the future as well. Once they go away they won't come back and then who will they have to haul their stuff around.

Some dockworkers at Reddaway in Seattle got laid off today. Man, all I have is my seniority number and the best union in this country! Yes,Teamsters!

I here over 50 got laid off in line haul today here at holland.

Wow, I didn't here a thing? I hope your info is wrong. Grizz, JJ, Indy..... Did you guys here anything about this?

Our TM is acting up again and is talking about cutting the 4 jobs that he just put back up. We are having CC days for the rest of the month to help the bottom guys get their days. They are saying by the end of October things will pick up for Christmas?

Nothing going on down here as far as more layoffs. Our frt is steady. Working a lot of casuals. Grievances still piling up due to this stupid bid .(WAVE)The road drivers on layoff are getting as much time in the city as they won't. As far Christmas frt goes, don't depend on a big rush. X-mas frt down here has already moved. I've been p/u but loads Borders Books out of Persues Dist, going to Carlisle Pa. Benny how's the new account? I'll be on vacation next week down Damitray's way.(Gulf Shores). Don't let them do anything stupid will I'm gone. GRIZZ

Nothing going on down here as far as more layoffs. Our frt is steady. Working a lot of casuals. Grievances still piling up due to this stupid bid .(WAVE)The road drivers on layoff are getting as much time in the city as they won't. As far Christmas frt goes, don't depend on a big rush. X-mas frt down here has already moved. I've been p/u but loads Borders Books out of Persues Dist, going to Carlisle Pa. Benny how's the new account? I'll be on vacation next week down Damitray's way.(Gulf Shores). Don't let them do anything stupid will I'm gone. GRIZZ
Four Linehaul in Atlanta Got layedoff friday, and we lost our LittleRock bid. Our Freight in Atlanta is steady also. the road guys on layoff are also getting overtime here on the dock.

7 line haul drivers layed off in memphis friday.Just found out a little bit ago 2 in mobile 1 little rock.

Its not what they said it would be yet but...... they said it was just the end of the month, end of the quarter and it will pick up soon? We have been getting around 10 pallets a day on average, some days more and some days less. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks, I'll let you know.

Thats what I was thinking about Christmas freight, that it wasn't time for it to start but time for it to finish. Thats like saying that the lawn mower shipments were coming in August, lol.

Have fun, enjoy your vacation and come back safe.

P.S. Grizz, your not one of those guys that wear the speedo thongs are you? :hysterical:

3 linehaul layed off in Dallas,1 in Shreveport as of last Friday. Bids being cancelled but the shiny wheels keep on rolling.

Yes it is North Lima; they expect it to open in December sometime. The new North Lima terminal will take a chunk of our area; they are proposing two line haul and one city transfer for us in Erie. In all reality it should be three to four city and at least four road jobs. Hopefully the IBT will get it figured out so it will be fair for all of us.

Yes it is North Lima; they expect it to open in December sometime. The new North Lima terminal will take a chunk of our area; they are proposing two line haul and one city transfer for us in Erie. In all reality it should be three to four city and at least four road jobs. Hopefully the IBT will get it figured out so it will be fair for all of us.
If Big R and yellow don't stop cutting Hollands rates it'll be NO LIMA for Holland......

Well ok, line haul drivers do know more than us city guys. All I can say is that the TM says the new terminal is almost done being built, and I have seen a proposal for a change of operation. So you must know something I don’t. This terminal is mainly being set up to pull double forty- eights across the pike, and relay. If yellow or Roadway want it, they can take it they own it, who cares.

They have postings on Hollands website for dock and local cartage drivers for North Lima, Ohio.

We had two line-haul drivers laid off last Friday and two more laid off this Friday for a total of four. They were just called back three weeks ago and I don't think they'll come back even if they're called next time. They all gave up full-time jobs to come to Holland. They just don't understand why, until they have two or three years in, they're going to be laid off this time of the year. We told them thats just the way it is.

They have postings on Hollands website for dock and local cartage drivers for North Lima, Ohio.

We had two line-haul drivers laid off last Friday and two more laid off this Friday for a total of four. They were just called back three weeks ago and I don't think they'll come back even if they're called next time. They all gave up full-time jobs to come to Holland. They just don't understand why, until they have two or three years in, they're going to be laid off this time of the year. We told them thats just the way it is.

Well you guys should be in the driver's room down there and meet with the new guys as soon as they walk in and hand them a bottle of lube and show them the annual USF HOLLAND positioning chart.......if you guys are out just tell them to contact human resources and they will ship down a fresh supply.......:nutkick:

What I don't understand is fellow "union" linehaul drivers in the drivers room complaining about there being "too many" drivers. These so called Teamsters actually want their junior union brothers laid off. Can someone explain this to me and help me understand why???

they keep laying off guys and now here in a-town there forcing three of us out for sunday work the terminal manager is complaining were haveing a hard time getting all our frieght moved and they just laid another one off last week for a total of three