Holland | Layoffs

I guess nobody has the answer to my question. Am I the only one that has seen and heard this?

I am a city driver so I cannot answer your question. My guess is maybe they want to stay out on the road longer?? I don’t know. Or maybe they are wannabe freight analysts, and want to cut costs like the big guys. :smilie_132:

I guess nobody has the answer to my question. Am I the only one that has seen and heard this?

Reasons they are complaining /////

1. Some of the drivers are not running the magic 600 miles a nite and believe if they had less drivers to compete with they would make more. It is simple greed and these guys dont think how to adjust to a slower time.

2. Others complain because they love to complain and so they say stupid things like more need laid off to get others to argue with them.

Most of these complainers never understand running too fast for the next load is as bad as taking the long ramp nap.

Makes sense to me sarcastic. My feeling is it's better for ALL to be working and maybe making a little less, than some not working at all while the rest are living lavishly. Everyones family is important. The bottom guys kids need to eat too.

I agree with sarcastic b and Lone Wolf. Some guys are just happy complaining all of the time. I also can not believe how many guys need to make $300.00 a day or they are beside themself. It is mind boggling that someone would like to run 600 miles a night or complain like the company owes them more than 8 hours?!?! I feel that if there are drivers laid off there should'nt be any overtime in the city, and no more than mini's on the road.

Makes sense to me sarcastic. My feeling is it's better for ALL to be working and maybe making a little less, than some not working at all while the rest are living lavishly. Everyones family is important. The bottom guys kids need to eat too.

You are correct. I have heard that statement from people that have worked here for a long time. Its hard to find people with a we attitude instead of a me attitude in this day and time unfortunately.I think economically things are going to get worse before they get better. We had 10 on layoff in Atlanta Friday morning and I don't know if anyone else here got laidoff on Friday, I haven't heard. Our outbound bill count has stayed steady so I don't understand why we have so many on layoff here. Our laidoff drivers are getting overtime working the dock. Is it like this in other terminals or are the drivers collecting unemployment?

I agree with sarcastic b and Lone Wolf. Some guys are just happy complaining all of the time. I also can not believe how many guys need to make $300.00 a day or they are beside themself. It is mind boggling that someone would like to run 600 miles a night or complain like the company owes them more than 8 hours?!?! I feel that if there are drivers laid off there should'nt be any overtime in the city, and no more than mini's on the road.

I am hurt Big Rob!!! You don’t agree with me??? Just kidding, have a good Sunday afternoon!!!:smilie_132:

USF Holland is the biggest nonunion,union company out here.The drivers that have to have 3000+ every week are sabs and that is what we need too refer them as too.They also are the main ones that don't want to fill out a grevance or if they do they act they are filling on the other union brother insted of the company.

USF Holland is the biggest nonunion,union company out here.The drivers that have to have 3000+ every week are sabs and that is what we need too refer them as too.They also are the main ones that don't want to fill out a grevance or if they do they act they are filling on the other union brother insted of the company.

Hey stick.........it's **** and this is the biggest UNION **** company out there. I am just here for the paychecks anymore.....could care less if it's around next year.......And for all you guy's that will complain about this post.........99% run your F***** mouths. Alot of these terminals I go to you always have the city or road guys standing there saying I should tell him what I really think........lol.....NO YOU WONT...just keep your mouth shut. You know you are afraid of the TM and the Union is even getting to be a joke where they wont do crap for you unless you call and harass the BA and he does'nt even wanna get off his butt to do anything for you......What A Joke. Just stickin around to see who gets the stickin next:smilie_132:

Hey stick.........it's **** and this is the biggest UNION **** company out there. I am just here for the paychecks anymore.....could care less if it's around next year.......And for all you guy's that will complain about this post.........99% run your F***** mouths. Alot of these terminals I go to you always have the city or road guys standing there saying I should tell him what I really think........lol.....NO YOU WONT...just keep your mouth shut. You know you are afraid of the TM and the Union is even getting to be a joke where they wont do crap for you unless you call and harass the BA and he does'nt even wanna get off his butt to do anything for you......What A Joke. Just stickin around to see who gets the stickin next:smilie_132:

You know that you get crazy when you get off your meds Wireman. Take your meds and drink your beer and things will be better.

How many grievances have you filed? Or are you talking about what you do, as if it were someone else? They wrong me, I file. They short me, I file. It's pretty simple to run a petition against your hall if they are really not doing anything for dues paying members. Start recording every instance, and you will be able to present a case, truckingboards hearsay won't help, facts will.

What I don't understand is fellow "union" linehaul drivers in the drivers room complaining about there being "too many" drivers. These so called Teamsters actually want their junior union brothers laid off. Can someone explain this to me and help me understand why???

We call them clock sluts at our barn.

Three line haul drivers bumped into the city today, making a total of four drivers layoff from line. Can’t really say layoff, cause of the bump into the city.

How many grievances have you filed? Or are you talking about what you do, as if it were someone else? They wrong me, I file. They short me, I file. It's pretty simple to run a petition against your hall if they are really not doing anything for dues paying members. Start recording every instance, and you will be able to present a case, truckingboards hearsay won't help, facts will.

LOL, midwest drivers are the worst.......the constant crying from you guys.

Holding the companies feet to the fire (contract) is far from crying. Most of the greviances at our barn come from our drivers while at the eastern terminals performing work that the men out there won't do or try and protect their own jobs. I guess if you call standing up to the company crying then so be it. We will just keep collecting the penalty for doing the work that they won't.:hide: :chairshot: