Central Transport | layoffs

troll

TB Lurker
Credits
:furious: in the market i live we are laying off, while pjax dock is blown out. who bought who? pjax just ran an add in the local paper for drivers. makes no sense to me. instead of laying off send some of the frieght to vitran, we have guys sitting at the house. NO lets deliver the freight late and **** customers off! hell of a way to run an operation!!! :furious:

yea pjax dock was very very busy last week . they were begging for weekend workers . this whole situation is weird . were definatly busy . not super busy , but busy . hope you pickup

My Vitran buddies here in KC said that when they bought out Chris, that the guys who made the least money per hour
got most of the work.

I wonder what they're paying the pjax drivers.

My Vitran buddies here in KC said that when they bought out Chris, that the guys who made the least money per hour
got most of the work.

I wonder what they're paying the pjax drivers.

i believe pjax city drivers make more than vitran city and new linehaul drivers at pjax make a little more than new vitran linehaul drivers. but vitran senior linehaul makes more than us. .

lets just say that i talked to a pjax driver today and he says that they are starting 3 drivers tomorrow and 2 more very soon. what also has me very upset is that vitran has owned pjax for over a year now and their drivers are now starting out at 16.50 and every 6 months they are geting .50 raises. explain that one corporate??????????????????????????????????? why is that, this pjax driver started there in november 06 and is already up to 17.50!!!??? thats a bunch of bullshit. bottom dollar is going to vitran is it not? then why is it that the company you bought is making more and continues to make more than the sole company? how is it that they get .50 every 6 months and we don't even get .50 a freaking year?

dont know bout any one else but really makes me want to stay here!! sarcasm included!!!!!!!!!!!!:hysterical::rofl2::icon_dance::biglaugh:

Rick G.,Dave K and John H. BRILLIANT MANAGEMENT.Then try and run the city of Chicago with 30 guys.Canada, CF and Dugan what a pedigree.

lets just say that i talked to a pjax driver today and he says that they are starting 3 drivers tomorrow and 2 more very soon. what also has me very upset is that vitran has owned pjax for over a year now and their drivers are now starting out at 16.50 and every 6 months they are geting .50 raises. explain that one corporate??????????????????????????????????? why is that, this pjax driver started there in november 06 and is already up to 17.50!!!??? thats a bunch of bullshit. bottom dollar is going to vitran is it not? then why is it that the company you bought is making more and continues to make more than the sole company? how is it that they get .50 every 6 months and we don't even get .50 a freaking year?

the pjax chicago drivers and the east coast guys make more than that even . i believe chicago starts at 18 an hour or 18.50 . they hire linehaul in cleveland at 42 cpm but in chicago they hire at 46 cpm last i heard (which was like a year ago). its probally more than that now . :chairshot: . thay do hire in cleveland at 16.50 . your right about that

I was thinking, if I went to PJAX instead of Vitran, I'd be making 19.50 an hour now...istead of bearly over 17. 2.00 on the hour is a big deal. 80 bucks a week, 160 every two weeks 320+ a month. That's my fun money right there for not doing any more work than I do now....

I'm looking for the door... Just waiting for the freight and hiring to pick back up.

The thing you hafta remember about pjax is
they have an ongoing reputation for laying
off/firing drivers who reach top rate.
They would rather pay a newbie bottom dollar to make the same run than a
tenured driver at top rate.
Just better bizness sense.

I drove linehaul for pjax for several years and
saw this happen again and again and again.
I lost count of how many guys were canned
after they reached top rate.
I know several pjax drivers who routinely
get days off so they don't reach overtime.
Many carriers are paying less but also
getting the bids.

The biggest expense of ANY business
is it's payroll!
Pjax can't keep paying drivers the high rates
they're paying without losing bids to other
carriers who will haul the same freight
for less money.
That's one of the reasons they're canning
their top tier drivers.
You will do good at pjax in the begginning.
But start looking elsewhere as you
approach your top rate...

TJ in Pa.

The thing you hafta remember about pjax is
they have an ongoing reputation for laying
off/firing drivers who reach top rate.
They would rather pay a newbie bottom dollar to make the same run than a
tenured driver at top rate.
Just better bizness sense.

I drove linehaul for pjax for several years and
saw this happen again and again and again.
I lost count of how many guys were canned
after they reached top rate.
I know several pjax drivers who routinely
get days off so they don't reach overtime.
Many carriers are paying less but also
getting the bids.

The biggest expense of ANY business
is it's payroll!
Pjax can't keep paying drivers the high rates
they're paying without losing bids to other
carriers who will haul the same freight
for less money.
That's one of the reasons they're canning
their top tier drivers.
You will do good at pjax in the begginning.
But start looking elsewhere as you
approach your top rate...

TJ in Pa.

here comes "steak boy" again for his weekly rip pjax thread . cant get enough huh ? i wish what you were saying was true so i could move up the latter over here in cleveland . out of the 30 road drivers in cleveland 2/3 are at top rate .the 4 years ive been here not one person ahead of me on the road board has been fired . so maybe where you come from people get fired . but im sure theres a better reason than "being at top rate" sure doesnt happen over this way . i know hundreds of drivers at "top rate". and plenty of them have 600 mile a night runs .

i cant speak for the city operation, cause i dont know about it . but i swear i see the same group of crusty old drivers strolling in ever morning . i know plenty of happy drivers . we all know theres better jobs out there . but it sure beats plenty of jobs out there . im over 70k and im not at "top rate". i know that aint near the most on these boards . but still aint to bad .you can definatly make a living here (in cleveland anyway).where ever this guy comes from might be a different story :hysterical:. but come on, firing people for top rate:biglaugh::hysterical: . you have to have something better than that .

Hey Keck:

Get it straight, it's ribs I like -- not steak.
And thanks for posting my piece twice
(I know that way I won't get spammed).
Didn't you haunted this thread, too.
You do get around.
As for my "weekly rip" I haven't posted
anywhere around here for awhile.
To busy doing real estate appraisals and
field inspections.
I've had my certification for many moons and
I'm doing very well, thank you.
I only run a local shuttle p/t when time allows
And with all the foreclosures that hasn't
been often.

I like to look back at all the trash that I
left behind and warn others before they
decide to jump in.
I only call it as I saw it way back then as
well as from guys I know who are still there.
Those guys were more corrupt than
Bush/Cheney & Co.
Are they still running guns and harrassing
the ladies down in Pitt.? :hysterical:
Awww, c'mon...tell us the truth... :toxic:
Drop back anytime and keep on truckin'.

TJ in Pa.

The Truth is this isn't about PJAX, CHRIS, or any other company they bought in the last 3 years.....This is about ajusting the pay scale downward at Vitran slowly by using PJAX AND CHRIS Drivers to deliver the frieght at lower rates and at the same time reduce the labor force at Vitran and rehiring at a new payscale that tops at .48 cpm.
If you have listened to top management they have said the "O.R." is to high and they say it's line haul that drives it up.
This is why they are taking there sweet time in Merging these companies into the Vitran System.
It's all about using Chris/PJAX Labor and at the same time reducing the number of Vitran Line driver and rehiring new one at the new scale.
It isn't rocket science......

Indy doesn't have anyone laid off, instead they are giving us 1 day a week off to prevent the layoff. we are slow, but we are picking back up faster than i thought we would.