FedEx Freight | Layoffs?

i agree 10000000% but the only problem is is that they are greedy as hell and don't give a crap about a person under them.....

That's an awfully wide sweep there FXFR8MAN. I used 3 weeks of vacation (One or two days a week) this year to let our most junior driver run. I agree some may be greedy and some may be in a finicinal pinch and can't afford to take off , but some of us will if given the opportunity.

Denver Layoffs

Found out today that if you do not take a transfer spot where they have an opening that if they do not call you back in 90 days you are terminated and would have to reapply to get rehired losing all your seniority back to the bottom of the list but if you transfer they give you a year to transfer back with out losing seniority.

what I want to know is
where are we going to transfer to
there is not but a few openings, and I am sure they will be taken
plus: jump up and move out of state somewhere and they do it to me again in a few months

Trying to help

That's an awfully wide sweep there FXFR8MAN. I used 3 weeks of vacation (One or two days a week) this year to let our most junior driver run. I agree some may be greedy and some may be in a finicinal pinch and can't afford to take off , but some of us will if given the opportunity.

I also try to take a day each week or two weeks in some cases to help everyone work, on the other hand we have drivers running 650 mile runs and signing up on Sat. Really sad. Just wanted to say thx for looking out for others.

I also try to take a day each week or two weeks in some cases to help everyone work, on the other hand we have drivers running 650 mile runs and signing up on Sat. Really sad. Just wanted to say thx for looking out for others.

I'm the new guy at my terminal, and took the day off, well ended up taking two off this week, but point being, i volunteered to let the veteran drivers here get their hours.. I don't have major bills, or families to take care of so i can live off fewer hours a week than most. I just hope i don't get the boot with all that's happening to other barns...

I believe in seniority and thank the senior drivers that do their share to help out us lower drivers! :1036316054:

Kudos to you Snow!!! that is truly commendable. Hell I would even take a day off for ya if you were at my barn.....In these times, greed will get you nowhere!

well for about the last six months i have been averaging about 3 to 4 days a week of work I have a wife who makes good money so I did not mind being off and letting the guys who need to work get those extra days and what did that get me a layoff notice oh well I am just hopping to get called back to work in 90 days.

CMH had a workforce reduction, 3 full time dock workers have to go part time or leave. I'm a city driver, now practically a dock worker, I'm just lucky to have a job.

Kudos to you Snow!!! that is truly commendable. Hell I would even take a day off for ya if you were at my barn.....In these times, greed will get you nowhere!

Thanks... The only downfall to me taking the last couple days off is that i don't have vacation days to take yet... so no pay.. but oh well.. My only wish is that i don't get the boot... If i could take a few days off a week and get to keep my job til things got better and pick up, i would be content with that.. But that's just me.. Then again, i don't see them hiring me and letting me go, but i haven't hit my probation period yet so that's the thing that's kinda bugging me at this point... All i can do is be positive though!

well for about the last six months i have been averaging about 3 to 4 days a week of work I have a wife who makes good money so I did not mind being off and letting the guys who need to work get those extra days and what did that get me a layoff notice oh well I am just hopping to get called back to work in 90 days.

Sorry to hear about your layoff... i hope everything works out for you driver...

I know that 2 of the three dock guys in CMH are taking the layoff and not the knock back to supplemental. I also heard that the new city bid will be rather different. According to the brain trust at the GO we have 8 more city drivers than necessary. I know that at least 3 city positions will become dock positions, not sure about the rest. Nothing on our road bid changed. The new cmh center is supposed to open next month.

Hello...I am new to the boards and I need some information for a good friend. He works as a Road Driver at the FTW location. There is a rumour going around that there are going to be layoffs and he is worried about his job. I saw a previous post that FXE, which he said he is a part of, is laying off 280 people.

Can anyone give me any information about this lay off or "rebalance"?? He told me the company is keeping it very hush, hush so the investors do not get involved.

Thank you!
Katie

I am in the east division. Yes they have already notified 280 people that they are being layed off. I have also heard unofficially that more layoffs would be coming next month.

Lost 6 runs. Gained an effingham. two road went the city. two full time dock gone. one office gone. two driver apprentices in city gone.

went from 3 extra board to 8 extra board. Cant even keep 3 busy now!!! how are you going to keep 8 busy in jan.?

with raising our insurance and reducing benefits, to now layoffs........should give us back our survey's......i would like re fill mine out. my best friend i had at work is now gone!!!!

SO

couldn't they have waited till after the holidays! I don't suppose this is public? I talked to an express driver today at one of my stops and his jaw dropped when I told him of the layoffs,he has been with express for almost 20 years and had never heard of any layoffs in the fed ex system...
AF used to pride themselves on never laying anyone off ever. But, in the slow months a junior man(city or extra board) would bleed out and quit just before it picked up again. Rehire & start the process again. In my opinion it's better to layoff and give the man options, than starve them to death. NEVER been in the situation myself, so I can only TRY to relate. I HOPE EVERYONE AFFECTED HAS A MERRY CHRISTMAS & MANY HAPPY NEW YEARS, GOD BLESS.