FedEx Freight | Layoffs?

nobodysfoe: you are right, I would rather have options than be starved out,

but we were working, getting our hours, road runs(running) and still got let go

Has anyone heard about management cuts i think they can be replaced faster than a driver besides the centers i go to seem to have too many anyway

thats pretty good to offer you to transfer
you know the cost it is to just up and
move?then you got to realize you transfer
then you are the bottom man on there
seniority list now you are hundreds a
miles from home then that center has a lay-off
you would really be in bad shape....

Sorry MUDDER.....I don't know what else to say. Your situation is worse than I could imagine. Everyone is working 40 & still layoffs???

they layed off in por , bse , today !!!!

Also laid off in LVS, PHX, RNO, WHT SBO and FTA. That's all I know of for know. I have heard that every Service Center in the West has been hit and from what I'm reading here it looks like Service Centers all over are being affected. I keep hearing there are more layoffs coming in Jan after we switch to the new Line Bids, I really hope its not true but I was talking to a WHT mechanic and WHT has shut down 50 city and line tractors with more tractors to be shut down in Jan. SBO has tractors that are out of service and there are suppose to be more tractors all over the system that are being taken out of service. The reason I was told that these tractors are being taken out of service is that the company is trying to save money by not registering and insuring this equipment.

I really hope all these rumors are not true, but I heard about these layoffs a month ago and I thought it was just rumors and CB talk but obviously it was not just rumors. I talked to a City Driver last night that is being laid off his last day is the 19th of Dec, he was crying and didn't know what he was going to do,he has 3 kids and has been with the company 3 1/2 yrs. This whole thing is very sad.

God Bless Everybody

Also laid off in LVS, PHX, RNO, WHT SBO and FTA. That's all I know of for know. I have heard that every Service Center in the West has been hit and from what I'm reading here it looks like Service Centers all over are being affected. I keep hearing there are more layoffs coming in Jan after we switch to the new Line Bids, I really hope its not true but I was talking to a WHT mechanic and WHT has shut down 50 city and line tractors with more tractors to be shut down in Jan. SBO has tractors that are out of service and there are suppose to be more tractors all over the system that are being taken out of service. The reason I was told that these tractors are being taken out of service is that the company is trying to save money by not registering and insuring this equipment.

I really hope all these rumors are not true, but I heard about these layoffs a month ago and I thought it was just rumors and CB talk but obviously it was not just rumors. I talked to a City Driver last night that is being laid off his last day is the 19th of Dec, he was crying and didn't know what he was going to do,he has 3 kids and has been with the company 3 1/2 yrs. This whole thing is very sad.

God Bless Everybody

At least they gave him some notice. Good luck to him. I know how he feels. I have four kids and was on the dock three years when my full time position was eliminated. Not even allowed to work part time now with the layoffs. Times are tough and we will all find a way to work it out.

This is for everyone......I checked CRAIGSLIST today under transportation jobs. Quite a few for drivers, might not be the deal but it might be something for tough times. Check the craigslist in your area. Here is link and you can find you area and click on it.....

craigslist: cincinnati, OH classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

Good luck to everyone!:smilie_132:

Thank you to all the responses. This person is really special to me and I want to help him all I can. I will in be checking in from time to time to see about the possible next round. Please feel free to send me a message if anyone hears anything about the FTW hub or FXE division. I know this information will be helpful to my friend, but he is not famliar with how these types of forums works.

My name is Katie....by the way! Nice to meet everyone on the boards :)

I checked CRAIGSLIST today under transportation jobs. Quite a few for drivers, might not be the deal but it might be something for tough times. Check the craigslist in your area. Here is link and you can find you area and click on it.....

craigslist: cincinnati, OH classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

Good luck to everyone!:smilie_132:

This is a great suggestion dockgirl! I will be passing this along if needed. Luckily he was not affected by the 280 layoffs in his area...but he has been with the company for over 10 years, so I am hoping this will be his saving grace.

Good luck to everone!!
Katie

What pisses me off about the whole situation is the fact that we are laying people off the week of Christmas. Kind of like screw you and go home without your holiday pay for your family. I'd like to kick the shiit out of the assshole suit that came up with that cold and heartless idea. Sorry to get upset like that, but that is just unacceptable to treat people that way. Especially before the holidays. WOW the greed of FedEx never ceases to amaze me........

What pisses me off about the whole situation is the fact that we are laying people off the week of Christmas. Kind of like screw you and go home without your holiday pay for your family. I'd like to kick the shiit out of the assshole suit that came up with that cold and heartless idea. Sorry to get upset like that, but that is just unacceptable to treat people that way. Especially before the holidays. WOW the greed of FedEx never ceases to amaze me........

I agree completely.

I'd have to agree with you bud,,,,, a "corporation" this size can't wait 2 weeks ????? Why ruin peoples CHRISTMAS ???? Its never good to lose your job,,,, but man,,,, where is your heart ???? I wish the best to all of us who trusted this company,,,,, this country,,,, We "little people" are now paying the price of a few ignorant a-holes that ruined our country,,, and our lives,,,,, and are still riding around in private jets and limo's..... We are not close yet,,,, BUT,,,, this COUNTRY could still "turn" and kick their butt...................

layoffs are done by company seniority.So if there is a driver under you but has more company seniority,you go before him.

Will the layoffs be from your hire date as a part timer or from when you become full time? I could not imagine a new driver off the dock that was a part timer with 3 years on the dock as a part timer, decide last month to get their CDL A, bump a guy with 2 years experience as a full time driver just because the part timer decided to get his license last month.

:nutkick::annoyed::annoyed:

I agree !! and the suit that came up with that idea prob.got a bonus to boot.. just some round numbers 2days x-mas and 2days for new years that they dont have to pay holiday pay.. i think between fxnl and freight its about 540 people ? averageing 20.00hr would be about $345,600. thats about $3.45 to you and me...

If people top of the board would take a day off and let others run , we may get by without seeing any . Time are hard and getting harder , button down the hatches and get ready for a rough ride .

The guys at the top of the board have to work every Saturday and they cannot afford to take the day off, They get somebody on short run to switch for the day.I don't get it

Was informed by a city driver that 7 dock let go in STL, and 2 road (I am road and haven't heard that) said 1 road went to the dock and 1 transferred to MVN.

FM

I'd have to agree with you bud,,,,, a "corporation" this size can't wait 2 weeks ????? Why ruin peoples CHRISTMAS ???? Its never good to lose your job,,,, but man,,,, where is your heart ???? I wish the best to all of us who trusted this company,,,,, this country,,,, We "little people" are now paying the price of a few ignorant a-holes that ruined our country,,, and our lives,,,,, and are still riding around in private jets and limo's..... We are not close yet,,,, BUT,,,, this COUNTRY could still "turn" and kick their butt...................

:1036316054: :clap: :woot:

I was informed that one full time dock worker was let go at HSG and all the Driver Apprentice people were transferred to YRK.

the guys at the top of the board have to work every saturday and they cannot afford to take the day off, they get somebody on short run to switch for the day.i don't get it

I think everyone should be entitled to work five days before anyone gets to work six days. Regardless of seniority. Nobody should be allowed to work six days when there's drivers sitting at home two or three days a week.

On the flip side of that, the first time you turn down work on a saturday then you are no longer afforded that opportunity.