Layoffs?

more to come

I was a dock ultility out of charlotte who got the temp layoff on Nov 17 and that change to permanent layoff feb 7. So I guess things are getting worst at Ward

Things have only just begun to get better as Dave Crean has returned to Ward. Dave has a mind for trucking and will turn this company around.

Things have only just begun to get better as Dave Crean has returned to Ward. Dave has a mind for trucking and will turn this company around.

Is this the same D**e Cr**n that was at St. Johnsbury
in the late eighties?? If so was a pretty good terminal Mgr.

So what and where were the layoffs? I heard: 6 Sales, National Account Director, Director of HR, a few Terminal Managers and a bnch of Operations people.

True or False?????

Yes! Dave Crean is back thank God! I believe he has been away for too long. I truly believe that had he not come back then we would have been on our way to where companies such as PRESTON had gone! He will get this thing turned around. Right now he has alot of things to contend with,but, in the end I truly believe he will right this ship that had been sinking quickly! Also, I believe that Dave was merely the 1st to return. It is my hope that with Dave many of the "Old Boys" who had this company operating as 1 of the best in the industry will return with him. As for he layoffs, to the genleman in the last post ho gave specifics as to some of the people who were laid off you were fairly accurate. I just hope that things can get headed back in the right direction sometime soon!

i hope you guys get things turned around.i have alot of friends at ward and dont want to see anyone lose thiere job.keep your chin up and things will turn around best of luck

Dave Crean was my terminal manager/ area manger at St.J in Pennsauken Nj at he had left before our demise in 1993, he's only as good as his people around him.Today's economy won't help the situation either.