R&L | Layoff's

chipracker65

TB Lurker
Credits
heard a nasty rumor that R&L were planning on laying off 500 to 1000 drivers system wide. They want to do away with some of the older driver that are at top pay, and replace with new combo-drivers who only make 16.20. has anybody else heard this?

I got answer from ask rl. here it is any drivers or dock that will be laid off in fruture and past will be by sanority. about a month ago I asked about combo having bidding rights they said they have full biddings rights. we should all ask and not spread rumors. I know we all nervous but lets stick together and kick the compition ***** not own own.

I would not be surprised if drivers were laid off...I believe R&L will do the right thing, and lay drivers/dock based on seniority...

I hope we can get through this without having to lay anyone off, even if that means we all work less hours...

Just my "Humble Opinion"...

The number they are looking for is 5 per terminal 500 this week and 500 next week.It will be mixed not all drivers, looks like greed has taken over R&L , will wait and see I only have 5 years in so who knows.

I have been a driver with R&L for over 20 years and have never seen things so bad. I don't think greed is the problem, the entire US economy is the worst that I've seen in 50 years. R&L, like many US companies, is doing the best they can do to survive. I pray that we all make it.

I heard this and I heard that. Come on 1000. Shut the doors and sell everything to ABF. I'm ready to drive a Taxi.

Wow. There was a letter posted yesterday talking about how competition is driving down prices and the economy being slow, that R+L is doing company wide layoffs and those who go will be missed.
I cant imagine them laying anyone off at my terminal, being one of the newer ones out west. One of you said 10 per terminal. That would be almost half our drivers. We already miss pickups now and would hate to see what would happen if we lost even 5 drivers.

I haven't even been here a year, but not to worried. I already have 6 or 7 below me.

They did fire our outbound dock manager, but I think it was more for not routing stops proficiently. I heard they already got someone to replace him.

No layoffs at my terminal as of yet, but there there is some fat that could be trimmed for sure. I see P/D drivers parked in gas stations every night as I head home, guess they're just taking their lunch break on the way back to the yard.