R&L | Layoff's

Best route in LSV

Grizz, We are in central NY and cover from PA to Canada. Aside from a few "city" peddles, most runs average 170 - 210 miles daily. One of our "north" runs averages 420 miles a day with 14 - 16 deliveries plus pick ups. My run is usually hits 250 miles daily. So I don't think that constitutes a "small" area. Just throwing it out there.

I do 12-20 bils. At the end of the day I have 50-80 miles drove. 40 are to and from the term. I come back in with 7- 10 pick ups.

Where in the world is all of the freight that Spongebob and his clowns were supposed to bring on board? If we got any of this freight there would be no need for layoffs:rolleyes1:

I don't like spongebob but he wasn't part of the YRC clowns that came on board.That being said he's still useless.

Just to set the record straight, Spongebob was fired from Holland. Was unemployed for over a year. Don't think Sr has made too many mistakes, but this is a colossal one.

Just to set the record straight, Spongebob was fired from Holland. Was unemployed for over a year. Don't think Sr has made too many mistakes, but this is a colossal one.

When was this? I'm just curious because Ive been at R+L 6 yrs and hes been here all that time.

I have just read some of the post on here regarding layoffs. I think the economy has hurt most trucking company's and as a result there has been some lay-offs. BUT under NO circumstance would any unionized company be aloud to lay off, not one worker, without going in seniority order. Consider this fact when they violate this worker right. Yes I do belong to the Teamsters and would encourage you to consider contacting them for some help for this very important issue.

dammm.........spongebob gone, southeast maint manager gone,.........whos next????????:smilie_132:

Bob not gone, He has been running our terminal the last 2 months, our TM due back next week. He is not as bad as everyone makes him out to be,would rather have him here than our regular TM,It's been a lot better with Bob running things.

Bob not gone, He has been running our terminal the last 2 months, our TM due back next week. He is not as bad as everyone makes him out to be,would rather have him here than our regular TM,It's been a lot better with Bob running things.
Face to Face he's not a bad guy but when he leaves he'll stick it right to ya!!!!

No,hes not bad other than the fact his first thought is to fire someone before any facts are in about what happened.He has also fired two people that I know who were injured on the job,one sued and won after a very long lawsuit,the other one I don't know.

Sounds like he's been promoted beyond his ability... Maybe he makes a better tm than a regional guy.