Estes | layoffs

They won't tell ya till they drop the ax, but after reading the letter about the rebid in Feb.-Mar. you boys and girls at 089-161-164 better not get to comfee as thats where there making changes. (according to the letter) I meet a 164 driver now and I am staying on my toes I allready got messed around when the pulled the break out of 064 (called it a Run modification) But at least i did'nt get the ax just a cut in pay. Gonna be a long time till Feb- Mar

They won't tell ya till they drop the ax, but after reading the letter about the rebid in Feb.-Mar. you boys and girls at 089-161-164 better not get to comfee as thats where there making changes. (according to the letter) I meet a 164 driver now and I am staying on my toes I allready got messed around when the pulled the break out of 064 (called it a Run modification) But at least i did'nt get the ax just a cut in pay. Gonna be a long time till Feb- Mar

Was told last night, that those terminals you just mentioned, will be gaining runs, due to the relay loads that are going to be dropped there..Oh, included in those terminals,is 035..Memphis,Kansas City and Dallas will be flooded with relay loads headed West and from the West to the East..Memphis will be getting 11 runs by bid time,as was explained to me..Haven't heard anything out of Dallas or K.C. We'll see...

Well if these bypasses work anything like the 024-017 one does.. There'll be plenty of empties ran and lots more waiting around. They also modified a bunch of our bypass lane runs, moving them from Mon-Fri to Tues-Sat.. I also think they changed some of our 3-2 runs to half way meets.

, moving them from Mon-Fri to Tues-Sat.. I

Tues through saturday.. what garbage... so much for a home life. you'd be home all day monday by yourself, and all day tues before your run assuming the rest of your family is on a normal lifes schedule. And your not done until Sunday morning and of course are exhausted.. So much for family time. They can have that BS IMO.

i was told by a team driver today that layoffs are going up from 500 nationwide, to 1000 nationwide. he said that is 4 drivers per terminal, but we all know some will lose more than others. he said he knows five teams that recently got laid off.

Yep. I think I can read the writting on the walls. Layoffs came before the bidding last year. It should help those folks that hop around from hub to linehaul.

According to the new
rules,mildew..No one will be hopping anywhere..

I think he means since layoffs are done by company time in class, that if you have lost your bidding senority you may climb the ladder as people with less company senority are let go in your class.. Although I think they should go by terminal senority regardless of class and cut the bottom, then filter guys back in, but hey that would honor true senority so why would we do that?