Estes | layoffs

"0" freight in 001 last night. Aint looking good for us working folks. Pulling emties everywhere.

The 024-017 bypass was supposed to reduce the amount of empties ran. Now we see how its working. Freight seems to be dwindling here at 024. We still have some, but you can tell its starting to fall off.

Me Too

2 Extra Board laid off at 127. Hey that's me!?! See you guys later/ its been a blast workin here.

Sorry to hear that man, guess we needed to take those Utility runs when they came up, or a hub run when we had the chance.
But hey when I had that opportunity I had a Linehaul run, which was making me pretty good change, and I would have never expected these layoffs to go down like they did.
My guess is all the years the Old Man took care of his linehaul guys and probably Rob heard about it alot, Rob probably thought another way about it.

Sorry to hear about what happened buzz. I'll probably be added to the unemployement list next week when we get our shalacking in the southeast. Kinda looking forward to it.

:hide: I still have heard nothing definitive about layoffs @ 055 - the rumor-mill is rife with possibilities, such as 20 EB and 3 teams, but no one who would know factually has said anything :drama:

Has it helped?

A question for anyone still running. Are any of you busier now that there are fewer drivers there? Seems like that pay that the laid off drivers would have made should now be spread out thru those left working.

Freight levels are about the same BuzzBeez..I really can't tell if WE are busier..There might be a pick up at the larger terminals..

Thanks. Just hope the layoff aren't making the "purchased transportation" guys busier instead of the Big E drivers.

I know that i am no busier than before & for what its worth i am getting tired of working the dock & not getting any driving time at all on this utility bid:ranting2:

Safe

At least you should be safe as a utility (job wise). Extra board seems to have the targets on their backs. Gonna be a long cold winter on that dock. Hang in there Workhorse.

I know that i am no busier than before & for what its worth i am getting tired of working the dock & not getting any driving time at all on this utility bid:ranting2:
I know from first hand experience that working the dock, day or night in the cold, Bites,but be glad you have that word utility attached to your employee number. It might just keep ya working all winter.