SAIA | Layoffs!!

Last November Saia hired a linehaul driver with no ltl experience. And he was 61 years old when they hired him.

So please post a correction for you last post because it is not the truth.
Every company needs a mix of seasoned veterans and young blood .. I know seasoned veterans here that have million mile awards and presidential awards to go with them. Many in their late 50's and early 60's that could go to any LTL company. My point is that if I'm allowed to stay here until retirement I will not get back into LTL as a driver. I don't want that. I would consider a management position past 62 perhaps because it's not as physically demanding. My health is good and I know this business. My mind is clear and I could mentor young men. I will cross that bridge when I come to it. There are no guarantees in this world so just depending on how things go I could just shut down my career and draw on my IRA and raise cattle on my ranch in East Texas (Lindale) where one of my daughters lives with her husband and 3 of my grandchildren. My Father died their doing what he loved. I suspect I will do the same.

Last edited:
Exactly my point, you can work for your self or at Walmart, BUT a company like you beloved SAIA would throw your app in the trash after showing the office staff and laughing at the old :censored: trying to find a job. So in response "quit talking out of your ass" " you are a complete moron" But hey you can get that job at they grocery store pushing the shopping carts back into the store.
Not sure about the grocery store job Joe. Around these parts it looks like they only hire from the short bus.

Not sure about the grocery store job Joe. Around these parts it looks like they only hire from the short bus.
I'm done with you guys. You are just ruining our forum with your continuing union crap. You and Joe are just trolls. Your retired with too much time on your hands. And you feel the need to ruin the SAIA FORUM.

@Virginia Tech, @runawaytrain, @bareknucklebrawler My regards to those who have lost their jobs at your company, I hate to see anyone lose their jobs, but I actually agree with a performance layoff system and I wished it was done that way at FedEx Freight. Seniority should only matter when dealing with vacations, bids, etc..., this is a business and only the strong survive and in order for any business to survive in this industry it must retain the best employees possible!! Yes, wages, bennies, work rules, etc.., attract employees but in order to remain, one must always perform their best....it's not only in the best interest of the employee, but it's in the best interest of the company as well. If the company succeeds, so does the employees and by keeping those who only give 70-80% because the have "seniority" while releasing those that give 110% because they don't will not only hurt the company, it sends the message to those that do remain that it doesn't matter whether or not you do your best and IMO hurts the overall morale of the company!!

Carry on...
This is the best post in this thread. Just do your job safely and come to work everyday on time and you can retire here. This is the best company I ever worked for. I consider it a privilege to work here. Red says it all.

Well being a union guy all my life I know you will shout me down and throw out insults it sounds like to me to make it anywhere at this company you have to kiss a lot of ass and do a lot of brown nosing and backstabbing of your fellow employees that's all I have to say about that good day
Lets not forget the pat yourself on the back and look at me bossman mentality.

Can't recall where any union word has been used ?
Retired ? Maybe......
Trolls ? Looked in the mirror lately ..
We know your a retired Teamster and support their cause. We don't want them. We know where you stand and you are a trouble making troll just like Joe. I work here and you don't. And I now just stay on this forum where I belong. Your not welcome here because you are a trouble maker. Your nothing but a TROLL.

Three guys I know that used to work here all ways said they made more money at the big box carriers insurance and bennies about the same with no paid down time or waiting time break down time or time and a half so I don't know but hey if your happy that's all that matters sounds like you really love saia and would defend them to the death good for you your a really happy and loyal robot that's cool

We know your a retired Teamster and support their cause. We don't want them. We know where you stand and you are a trouble making troll just like Joe. I work here and you don't. And I now just stay on this forum where I belong. Your not welcome here because you are a trouble maker. Your nothing but a TROLL.
Don't have a stroke I maybe your next TM or Regional manager. I got a clean CDL and a degree over on the wall I can go anywhere too.
I noticed today here at the local SAIA terminal they have taken down the hiring drivers sign.
Your fellow road drivers I chat with are sitting home a few nights as of late. Now their is no purchased trucks running out of here so it must be real slow.
Now on the other hand I am hearing that the XPO terminal in Miami took the big step today to better their lives.

We, we, we. Got a mouse in your pocket RAT? For someone who doesnt think anyone needs someone to represent them, you sure like to speak for others. Oh I get it, we is your team of family/friends that you have post for you on your account.