SAIA | Layoffs!!

Always keep your options open. I have connections at other companies that i stay in touch with not only in ,but outside this industry. They know me and my work ethic . With that being said , i would never give this company or any for that matter a reason to fire me. They hired me to do a job and pay me well for it. They have treated me well for the past 2 decades. I have never seen any one fired for doing the job they were hired to do. Too many here have the " their not gonna fire me ,they need me" attitude,and think they can get away with anything. And that attitude will usually bite you in the rear !

I guess some of my problem is that I am still jaded from my experience with Con-Way. I absolutely LOVED my job for the first five years there, and the last couple years were ridiculous and I couldn't wait to get out. Guess I expect the whole Jekyll and Hyde treatment from management over here as well.

I have a nasty habit of calling out BS when I see it, so if anything were to ever get me canned, it would be that. Guess I'll just have to become another of the company drones and not give a crap about anything anymore. That's the reason morale went down the crapper at Con-Way as well.

"PistonRing83, post: 979896, member: 3290
I have a nasty habit of calling out BS when I see it, so if anything were to ever get me canned, it would be that

I guess calling out BS would be the reason I would get canned also.

But I think it would be my choice if I wanted to argue my issue to the point I was to get fired.

With my short time here I have realized management doesn't really care what I think or what you think. They pay us to do a job and that's it. It took me a bit to accept this but if I'm going to be happy with my job I don't have a choice.

With that being said.....If some one in ATL wants to hear my thoughts. Just ask and I will be glad to share them.

NOPE never worked for SAIA, just don't care for companies that tout join our family. It's a job not a marriage .
I must be missing something here. Was the word "family " used in a job ad ? I have seen join our " team "in ads. But not quite sure why the word" family " would affect someone so much. I think any level headed individual would understand they are not going to work for their mom or dad.

I must be missing something here. Was the word "family " used in a job ad ? I have seen join our " team "in ads. But not quite sure why the word" family " would affect someone so much. I think any level headed individual would understand they are not going to work for their mom or dad.

Agreed. I answered ad. TM explained during interview what was expected and the compensation package. I accepted. If I don't fulfill Saia's needs, I should expect to be let go. And of course, we're free to leave if dissatisfied. But, as I've posted previously, I'm very happy here.

They don't fire or layoff good employees period.
Um, hold on a minute here. I was laid off in the company wide "big" layoff a few years back. And I actually have the letter to prove it. Signed by tony albanese. The language is, and I will paraphrase, "this is not performance based. Just based on your low level of seniority at you le home terminal." And they called me back about a month later, offered me a raise to come back, because they appreciated my years of precious loyal service and commitment to Saia. I have that letter too. So, making a statement that they don't let good people go is hogwash.

Um, hold on a minute here. I was laid off in the company wide "big" layoff a few years back. And I actually have the letter to prove it. Signed by tony albanese. The language is, and I will paraphrase, "this is not performance based. Just based on your low level of seniority at you le home terminal." And they called me back about a month later, offered me a raise to come back, because they appreciated my years of precious loyal service and commitment to Saia. I have that letter too. So, making a statement that they don't let good people go is hogwash.

I'm sure your negative attitude had nothing to do with it.

Remember your smith system key of "get the big picture." With all due respect Virginia Tech, do not judge me unless you have the whole picture and all of the facts. To do so is, frankly, ignorant.

They don't know my family. Saia is nothing compared to them. lol

Remember your smith system key of "get the big picture." With all due respect Virginia Tech, do not judge me unless you have the whole picture and all of the facts. To do so is, frankly, ignorant.
With all due respect, please tell us what we need to know. You have done nothing but drag this company thru the mud face down at every given opportunity. Most people would have moved on by now, but you definitely have an axe to bury. So please give us the big picture.

In simplest terms, I was a victim of sexual harassment in the workplace by a member of Saia management. I resigned my position after my claim was not handled in a timely fashion. I have since been offered a cash settlement, which boils down to Saia paying me to not take this any further. Satisfied?

In simplest terms, I was a victim of sexual harassment in the workplace by a member of Saia management. I resigned my position after my claim was not handled in a timely fashion. I have since been offered a cash settlement, which boils down to Saia paying me to not take this any further. Satisfied?

So why do you think you have to :::shit:::
In the Saia punch bowl everytime you get a chance.

I work for a good company and they are more than fair to me. Maybe it's because I look great in navy blue cargo pants. But I would like to think it's because I work hard and don't whine about doing my job. Or complain about things I have no control over.

So please quit :::shit:::ing in our punch bowl.

Last edited:

This may be the best quote I've ever read.

“We will hire someone with less experience, less education, and less expertise, than someone who has more of those things and has a rotten attitude. Because we can train people. We can teach people how to lead. We can teach people how to provide customer service. But we can’t change their DNA.”

And that's why they can't go a week without hitting something (less experience) pcs count wrong when delv,and mis delivered freight (less education) picking up freight that isn't packaged right , hitting something while backing (less expertise)

And that's why they can't go a week without hitting something (less experience) pcs count wrong when delv,and mis delivered freight (less education) picking up freight that isn't packaged right , hitting something while backing (less expertise)

All of that stuff can be taught. But you cant change someone's DNA/attitude.

But we can't change your DNA ... The cancer of a negative attitude. That can run away even more business than the things you mentioned. But they can be taught. You can't.