Layoffs

Discussion in 'XPO Logistics' started by ShabaDoo, Jan 30, 2016.

1. ShabaDoo

ShabaDoo Member

Heard that 180 FOS/FOM positions were laid off today. Also heard several FACs let go all their dockworkers. We've lost a couple supervisors and office staff this week.
    Suppose to be a major XPO announcement Monday about the new XPO operations plan.
    Told by supervisor today that we won't be getting any new freight because of a 3rd party dispute. Not sure what that means but was told that a lot of companies don't want to deal with XPO.
    Anyway, anyone else lose staff due to layoffs??

2. Con-F-Trucker

Con-F-Trucker Active Member

We lost Several 4 or 5 today they are Job eliminations slash layoffs our assistant TM is gone and the lean team and a Wand I guy bout it I think ?!

3. icedriver

icedriver Well-Known Member

It's being discussed in the rumors thread.

Serene Gene and icuicp like this.
  4. ShabaDoo

ShabaDoo Member

It's no longer rumors when it's actually happening.

runningfor48 and bf9691 like this.
  5. icedriver

icedriver Well-Known Member

Yea, I just don't want to have to follow two threads to get all the info. That's all.

icuicp likes this.
  6. 616jimmy

616jimmy Well-Known Member

Oh no, not
    Oh no, not the lean team, what are we supposed to do?

7. 616jimmy

616jimmy Well-Known Member

I think a lot of changes are coming, this company has been a mess the last few years, don't know how they lasted this long!:horseshit::wtflol:

8. gov

gov dsr Thomsen, xmd

Because of us drivers plain and simple

9. walken1414

walken1414 Active Member

They lasted because they made Money. Unlike xpo who was not and is not making money. Changes are coming and if my thoughts are correct they won't be good changes. Jacobs has never ran a profitable company, all he has ever done is buy companies bundle them together and sell them. Now yes I could be wrong and only time will tell. So in a year come back to this thread and post the results.

searcher09 likes this.
  10. had enough

had enough pErSoN oF iNtErEsT

It might be in the boneyard section by then.

Trucker 206 likes this.
  11. upnorth

upnorth Super Moderator Staff Member

Huh. Waste management and united rentals are running in the red? Not according to the financials.

12. ssadab

ssadab Active Member

Its United Waste not Waste Management. And its hard to look at its financials when its was sold 20 years ago.

Trucker 206 and icedriver like this.
  13. Trucker 206

Trucker 206 Well-Known Member

Are you defending this guy, upnorth?

14. catchTHErabbit

catchTHErabbit PRAISE THE LORD!and pass the ammunition PLEASE!!!!

well at this point i am! he has gutted this top heavy management company which we all know it was,rebranding is under way(not as fast as we would like)the only thing missing is the tidal wave of freight to fill our trailers.we at xag have more things in the works for more freight then what we had with our previous salesmen!!! every one wants instant,it never has been instant it never will be either.we have had a second zone run 4 of 5 days this week.why? it's winter.by the end of summer we hopefully will see a lot of NEW freight.if not then it will be time to question this guy.is there anyone out there disapproving of the cuts in management he's doing?i doubt it!!!!!

15. WHO KNOWS105

WHO KNOWS105 ASK ALICE

Jacobs has never ran a profitable company, Walken1414, That is simply a false statement. He has made money with all the companies he has been involved with.

16. upnorth

Thanks for correcting me. My bad.

17. upnorth

Defending, nothing to defend in my mind. Do I like his way of thinking, yes. Until I see more on Monday, I have no reason to not support him.

trucknfool and ole man like this.
  18. WHO KNOWS105

WHO KNOWS105 ASK ALICE

Guys, the amount of freight that XPO has access to is much more than Con-Way and Menlo did, when XPO contracts are up in March that they have with other carriers, we are going to be very busy, there are going to be more runs, not less. The City will get busy. Not to mention they are going to start up the East Coast-West Coast Economy Lanes in 2017. Con-way LTL is going to grow. Just give it a Little time and people will be complaining 6 months from now how busy we are. Get through Q4 and Q1 of 2016 and there will be plenty of work, yes they are doing house cleaning in management and there has been hardly no communication and that leaves door open to speculation and negative usually. After the meeting in St. Louis, the salesman went out and started putting together pricing for shippers, especially Last Mile, within 2 weeks they stopped advertising their portfolio package because the phones were ringing off the hook and they weren't ready yet. Its taking them time to integrate and make sure things roll out as smooth as it can and then they will turn the freight loose after March for sure. I might eat my words 6 months from now, but that is what I know and I believe is coming, but I'm just a driver

vetran peddleman likes this.
  19. walken1414

walken1414 Active Member

Dang I thought Jacobs sold those companies. Oh that's right he did sell them which goes back to what I said he has never ran a profitable company he bundled and sold. HE didn't run the company he sold the company

616jimmy likes this.
  20. WHO KNOWS105

WHO KNOWS105 ASK ALICE

Like I tell a couple of guys i work with about every other week, when they are coming up with every negative scenario you can possibly dream up, you guys better get out while you can, you have 24 years in, you could grab a spot on the bottom of board at ODFL before it fills up, they haven't left yet

Northern Flash likes this.