XPO | Layoffs

I don't know what the terminal's alpha code is, only the city and state. Again, I don't want to disclose that for respect to the drivers I talked with. What I will disclose is that I sympathize with them and it does suck being laid off, as I have been a few times. Only difference is, even in layoff I am still working, I just don't have a bid. I might not work everyday, but I am getting something which is better than unemployment and no benefits. The guys that are getting laid off from XPO are getting severance packages, which in my mind, says they won't ever be coming back unless XPO calls them and wants to rehire them. This is all again what I heard from 2 particular drivers at one terminal. I just found it kind of odd given the fact that it will be picking up again before too long and why anyone would want to risk being short staffed is ridiculous, given this supposed driver shortage we are experiencing...
They have never really done layoffs. They call it economic termination. It sucks because most of those affected don't come back if they are given the opportunity. I can't say for sure that I would either. If business increases, they can get rehired, and if that happens within six months, they start back up with their pay and benefits as they were when let go. It's a way for them to not have to rehire the ones they don't like. So it's not that those positions are gone forever, they just do it differently.

Sorry but I have to disagree. A lot of shippers are only concerned about the shipping cost to a lot of big companies its not about service but cost
Tell that to the customer and/or shipper that has the product sold already, and needs it to arrive in one piece or they might lose the sale.
You can disagree if it makes you feel better, but for every shipper that is worried about the cost, I'll show you another one that is worried about it getting there on time and in one piece.
Price, on-time, and damage free is what they've paid for.

Most shippers look for the best price and expect great service and damage free. And as far as slashing workforce it looks like he wants as few employees as possible. We will just be working a ton of hours when busy. That's how other businesses operate. Some will like it and some will hate it.

They have never really done layoffs. They call it economic termination.
They can put lipstick on a pig too, but underneath, it's still a pig that stinks to high heaven. They can call it what they want, but the employee no longer has a paycheck. Whoever comes up with these rainbow and lollipop b.s. slogans needs a kick in the sack.
Just sayin'.

It takes so many people so many hours to move much freight no matter how smart someone is. Even Jacobs.

Tell that to the customer and/or shipper that has the product sold already, and needs it to arrive in one piece or they might lose the sale.
You can disagree if it makes you feel better, but for every shipper that is worried about the cost, I'll show you another one that is worried about it getting there on time and in one piece.
All of that is true but price is the driving factor. They will often go for price but use the higher priced carrier when they need service.

They have never really done layoffs. They call it economic termination. It sucks because most of those affected don't come back if they are given the opportunity. I can't say for sure that I would either. If business increases, they can get rehired, and if that happens within six months, they start back up with their pay and benefits as they were when let go. It's a way for them to not have to rehire the ones they don't like. So it's not that those positions are gone forever, they just do it differently.
Maybe not your barn but in the Cleveland region we used to have layoffs every winter. 1-3 drivers for about 90 days. Dont know if it changed but is was if your laid off for more than 90 days and get called back you lose your seniority. They would call back the drivers at 91 days happened at my barn. That's how Conway was/is

I will agree with that just lately we lost a lot of shipper over the price. The company will tell you it is about damages and they are right. For what a shipper pays to ship it Conway/xpo they expect it to be undamaged. There is a different for being in the same price range as other carriers and damaging it and being high priced and damaging it.

they fired 5 ppl I know of and everyone of them deserved firing . 2 of them were ass kissers that didn't do their jobs and the other 3 thought they had their own rules and company policy meant nothing . That was the best friday I've had in 10 years working here when I heard they got their walking papers . There's nothing like having the most aggravating part of your job disappear in one day .

they fired 5 ppl I know of and everyone of them deserved firing . 2 of them were ass kissers that didn't do their jobs and the other 3 thought they had their own rules and company policy meant nothing . That was the best friday I've had in 10 years working here when I heard they got their walking papers . There's nothing like having the most aggravating part of your job disappear in one day .

Man I wish something like this would happen here. We got some real winners.

Either that or let us all make up our own rules too.

That's a hell of a way to live,aaaaa
That's a hell of a way to live I your near the bottom of the board, I for one would not make any big purchuses
That's a hell of a way to live, any type of big purchase would be out of the question if your near the bottom of the board....

That's a hell of a way to live,aaaaa

That's a hell of a way to live I your near the bottom of the board, I for one would not make any big purchuses

That's a hell of a way to live, any type of big purchase would be out of the question if your near the bottom of the board....
^^^ That's an interesting post.