XPO | Layoffs

Layoffs is just a way of culling the herd and rightsizing the workforce ,to match the freight volume !!! if you look at the history of any buyouts ,they all do this and prolly be more to come in next months !!!! but good news is that every other truck company in the USA is hiring !!!

Layoffs is just a way of culling the herd and rightsizing the workforce ,to match the freight volume !!! if you look at the history of any buyouts ,they all do this and prolly be more to come in next months !!!! but good news is that every other truck company in the USA is hiring !!!
Supposedly there is a big driver shortage, one reason they want 33ft trailers

I can't wait to see these trucking companies hurt for drivers when all the experience retires. The kids nowadays will not work like we have had to do .They will be in a world of hurt!!!
i cant wait to see the lazy bastards retire! i dont need13hrs to do an 11 hr run!plese dont think all baby boomers are quality workers just as the greatest generation has been touted as the best generation to date i believe that belongs to those born around 1750's<g.w t.j, b.f ,p.v>all generations have good workers and bad workers the problem is the 20 somethings are more on the tech side then manual labor

catchTHErabbit said:
i cant wait to see the lazy bastards retire! i dont need13hrs to do an 11 hr run!plese dont think all baby boomers are quality workers just as the greatest generation has been touted as the best generation to date i believe that belongs to those born around 1750's<g.w t.j, b.f ,p.v>all generations have good workers and bad workers the problem is the 20 somethings are more on the tech side then manual labor
Manuel labor built this country.You cancannot drive a truck with a handheld or load freight by pushing a button.

Best generation ever would have been the circa 0 crew. I'll take Jesus Christ, for the win.

The trucks have cockpits like airplanes. And that ain't going away. The next generation of truckers will need a much different skill set.

A bunch of those lazy guys were driving trucks with no power steering, no air conditioning, logging an hour break every night that they didn't take, using pallet jacks on re-ship because there wasn't enough forklifts, a guy would pull a skid off a trailer and sit it on dock and you pull it with pallet jack to the other end off dock, and there were so many places air would come in, we would have to were coveralls and 2 pairs off socks driving the truck or would freeze to death...

A bunch of those lazy guys were driving trucks with no power steering, no air conditioning, logging an hour break every night that they didn't take, using pallet jacks on re-ship because there wasn't enough forklifts, a guy would pull a skid off a trailer and sit it on dock and you pull it with pallet jack to the other end off dock, and there were so many places air would come in, we would have to were coveralls and 2 pairs off socks driving the truck or would freeze to death...

That is when I started. Spent a lot of time pulling skids around the XAU reship.