XPO | Layoffs

A bunch of those lazy guys were driving trucks with no power steering, no air conditioning, logging an hour break every night that they didn't take, using pallet jacks on re-ship because there wasn't enough forklifts, a guy would pull a skid off a trailer and sit it on dock and you pull it with pallet jack to the other end off dock, and there were so many places air would come in, we would have to were coveralls and 2 pairs off socks driving the truck or would freeze to death...
Don't forget pushing floats around the dock with floor frt. Spring suspension on tractors, no air ride seats, two lane roads for complete trip

yeah, with no doors on the dock also, snow and rain would blow across the dock like we were out in the middle of a field

This still happens. Cold as **** this past month. I hope ::shit:: gets better for everyone, drivers, dockworkers, management, everyone. I'm just ready to drive and move freight. I'm tired of all this crap about being on the dock, not being on dock, etc..

Isn't Saturday the real Sabbath?

Friday sundown until Saturday sundown is how they did it in the day. Was moved to Sunday by the Catholics to help separate the faiths. Along with elimination of Allah, although alleluia remains and moving away from calling God Yahweh, as examples. There was a lot of changes made before and during and after the crusades to let people have a better understanding of friend or foe. The more you read up on why things are the way they are the more astounded you will be that any one ever lived through any of it to even be here today.

I spoke to a dock worker at XQC a few weeks ago and he told me they were laying off dockworkers and cutting runs. I've seen a few drivers working the dock. Haven't heard about them closing down.

:grouphug:
A bunch of those lazy guys were driving trucks with no power steering, no air conditioning, logging an hour break every night that they didn't take, using pallet jacks on re-ship because there wasn't enough forklifts, a guy would pull a skid off a trailer and sit it on dock and you pull it with pallet jack to the other end off dock, and there were so many places air would come in, we would have to were coveralls and 2 pairs off socks driving the truck or would freeze to death...
Oh the good old days!:lmao::heykoolaid:

Guys, the amount of freight that XPO has access to is much more than Con-Way and Menlo did, when XPO contracts are up in March that they have with other carriers, we are going to be very busy, there are going to be more runs, not less. The City will get busy. Not to mention they are going to start up the East Coast-West Coast Economy Lanes in 2017. Con-way LTL is going to grow. Just give it a Little time and people will be complaining 6 months from now how busy we are. Get through Q4 and Q1 of 2016 and there will be plenty of work, yes they are doing house cleaning in management and there has been hardly no communication and that leaves door open to speculation and negative usually. After the meeting in St. Louis, the salesman went out and started putting together pricing for shippers, especially Last Mile, within 2 weeks they stopped advertising their portfolio package because the phones were ringing off the hook and they weren't ready yet. Its taking them time to integrate and make sure things roll out as smooth as it can and then they will turn the freight loose after March for sure. I might eat my words 6 months from now, but that is what I know and I believe is coming, but I'm just a driver
Hey man your info is WRONG. I just asked our Terminal Manager tgis morning about this and he said yes contracts are up in March but No Con-way is not guaranteed any of them. They talked about this in St. Louis and XPO will Bid out the contracts when they are up

Seems strange that XPO will use other LTL carriers to move their frieght. So Jacobs Lied when he said to the reporter in his Q/A on bloomberg. He said now we can do it all without having to use a third party carrier.

Hey man your info is WRONG. I just asked our Terminal Manager tgis morning about this and he said yes contracts are up in March but No Con-way is not guaranteed any of them. They talked about this in St. Louis and XPO will Bid out the contracts when they are up
Well I wish everyone the best of luck, stuck it out as long as I could, but can't work these part time hours they're giving me at this so called full time job. Only 9 really long short days left till I can officially say I'm an ex-con.

Well I wish everyone the best of luck, stuck it out as long as I could, but can't work these part time hours they're giving me at this so called full time job. Only 9 really long short days left till I can officially say I'm an ex-con.
Where you headed to, and how long at Conway?