XPO | Layoffs

Well I wish everyone the best of luck, stuck it out as long as I could, but can't work these part time hours they're giving me at this so called full time job. Only 9 really long short days left till I can officially say I'm an ex-con.

God speed, driver.

I have said it and I meant it. Because I truly believe it. This spring will be a season of defections.

A bunch of those lazy guys were driving trucks with no power steering, no air conditioning, logging an hour break every night that they didn't take, using pallet jacks on re-ship because there wasn't enough forklifts, a guy would pull a skid off a trailer and sit it on dock and you pull it with pallet jack to the other end off dock, and there were so many places air would come in, we would have to were coveralls and 2 pairs off socks driving the truck or would freeze to death...

Uphill both ways too, don't forget that...

Well T 206... if Amazon does acquire XPO...'Last Mile' can deliver that garbage freight you mentioned and us LTL guys can trade in our pallet jacks for running shoes and our tractor trailers for package cars and we can be like UPS or FedEx Express runners. I could use a change from the LTL side of the transportation racquet anyway. I've always envied those parcel guys for years.

Unless they would plan to pay what UPS pays, I wouldn't be interested.

Well T 206... if Amazon does acquire XPO...'Last Mile' can deliver that garbage freight you mentioned and us LTL guys can trade in our pallet jacks for running shoes and our tractor trailers for package cars and we can be like UPS or FedEx Express runners. I could use a change from the LTL side of the transportation racquet anyway. I've always envied those parcel guys for years.
Believe me you don't want to be a package courier it's the most stressful job ever. I worked for FEDEX Express for 7 years. Try having 70 stops a day all of them are time sensitive. Everything you do is timed and your raises are performance based. Like I said 7yrs and I wasent topped out. Its set up to for you to fail

[QUyou're ="WHO KNOWS105, post: 1013404, member: 38722"]A lot of big contracts are up in March, can I tell you the exact number and how big each contract is, no. I already told you one they lost, I know a little more than you might think, the questions and answers I posted, some of them were mine asked on a phone call with Mr. Jacobs and the Chief Financial Officer. I have owned XPO Stock since it was $7.00 a share and went up to $50.00. Before most guys I would guess ever heard of them, so call me names if you want, I know nothing etc if that makes you feel good, I haven't called anybody names[/QUOTE]
So you're a XPO mouthpiece plain and simple.

[QUyou're ="WHO KNOWS105, post: 1013404, member: 38722"]A lot of big contracts are up in March, can I tell you the exact number and how big each contract is, no. I already told you one they lost, I know a little more than you might think, the questions and answers I posted, some of them were mine asked on a phone call with Mr. Jacobs and the Chief Financial Officer. I have owned XPO Stock since it was $7.00 a share and went up to $50.00. Before most guys I would guess ever heard of them, so call me names if you want, I know nothing etc if that makes you feel good, I haven't called anybody names
So you're a XPO mouthpiece plain and simple.[/QUOTE]
Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

So you're a XPO mouthpiece plain and simple.
Personal attacks will not be tolerated.[/QUOTE]
explain the personal attack. saying someone is a mouthpiece is not a personal attack. how about this let him tell us how long and what barn he is out of. that should not be a problem I mean a man with his information should not be afraid to tell us. But my bet is he is not now nor ever a con-way driver. And in my humble opinion not for xpo either.

Yeah and driver shortage will continue and increase for the next year or two. Two or three weeks ago, when the 33 ft request didn't pass legislation, I heard Jacobs laid off 100 rsi employees.
i dont believe it failed but its on hold for a "safety for motoring public" research

A bunch of those lazy guys were driving trucks with no power steering, no air conditioning, logging an hour break every night that they didn't take, using pallet jacks on re-ship because there wasn't enough forklifts, a guy would pull a skid off a trailer and sit it on dock and you pull it with pallet jack to the other end off dock, and there were so many places air would come in, we would have to were coveralls and 2 pairs off socks driving the truck or would freeze to death...
and the romans built rome without d-10's or 970 loaders same for great wall and stonehendge the point trying to make is the generation ahead of the other ones always say it was tuffer in my time and it was thats where we get our new technoligys from past problems getting fixed.in 10-20 years we will have automated trucks needing more than just meat in the seat.

Heard this evening, xsj may be laying off 8-10 dsrs possibly as early as this Friday. And that they are still looking at some other terminals, as far as closures go. Xqc and xma to name a couple. Key word "looking". Hopefully neither will happen.

Heard this evening, xsj may be laying off 8-10 dsrs possibly as early as this Friday. And that they are still looking at some other terminals, as far as closures go. Xqc and xma to name a couple. Key word "looking". Hopefully neither will happen.
we have two drivers out on medical and the last man has not worked yet this week, till i took a conv.day so he could.

That is true 100%, they already got rid of all dock workers, they wanted to lay off 15 but TM talked them down to 10, maybe 8