XPO | Layoffs

what about dovetailing to another barn if layed off
That would be the case if other nearby barns were in need of drivers, But unfortunately that is not the case. There may not be too many people who agree with me on this, but I think they should change the transfer policy so that a driver can transfer anywhere in the country if a place is needing drivers and keep his or her company seniority. If it's the middle of the year, you take what is available, then come bid time your seniority takes effect. Hell, seniority is about all we got.

That would be the case if other nearby barns were in need of drivers, But unfortunately that is not the case. There may not be too many people who agree with me on this, but I think they should change the transfer policy so that a driver can transfer anywhere in the country if a place is needing drivers and keep his or her company seniority. If it's the middle of the year, you take what is available, then come bid time your seniority takes effect. Hell, seniority is about all we got.
if that was then florida would have the oldest barns in the nation

Those barns that are closing are offering drivers to transfer to the closest barn and thet get to keep their service rank. Surrounding barns will absorb their zip codes. Heard the lsh and lta closings will be March 3rd

Wilson Trucking Corp is looking for P&D drivers in Charlotte NC, Atlanta GA, Nashville TN,Birmingham AL, Mobile AL, Miami FL, Knoxville TN, Darlington SC, Greenville SC, Hope Mills NC, Richmond VA and Baltimore MD. Line Haul drivers needed in Roanoke VA and Charlotte NC and evening Shuttle drivers in Valdosta GA, Atlanta GA, Roanoke VA and Charlotte NC. Pay doesn't match your current XPO earnings as Wilson is the 24th largest LTL carrier in the nation. If the top payers aren't hiring on at Old Dominion, Southeastern, Saia, UPS freight, ABF, YRC and you live near one of Wilson's terminals listed above it might be a good time to learn about working for a smaller company like Wilson.

we have two drivers out on medical and the last man has not worked yet this week, till i took a conv.day so he could.

Yeah Rabbit...I got a text this morning before I went in asking if I'd like to take the day off. I called up dispatch and asked," what' going on w/ the PTO or Convenience time off stuff?" to which he said, "We're very light today and I've got a whole bunch of guys sitting around.". So I said ,"Sure put me down for a PTO for today." "How about getting tomorrow off?" I asked him. To which he replied, "I got three guys off already, but call me in the morning and I'll see what I can do." So hopefully I'll continue w/ another in a series of long weekends. Hopefully he'll remember all these PTO's/ CC days that I'm taking to help keep some of the bottom feeders working during these light days and use that as capital to work in my favor to leverage things that I want from him. Notice I said hopefully!

Seems strange that XPO will use other LTL carriers to move their frieght. So Jacobs Lied when he said to the reporter in his Q/A on bloomberg. He said now we can do it all without having to use a third party carrier.
Oh that cant be, management would never lie to any of us, that cant be!:heykoolaid::horseshit:

Sounds like XSJ may have been able to reduce the number of layoffs from 8-10, down to 5 or 6. RM Beer was there today discussing the particulars. Plan may be to cut 5 or 6, then reassess things again in the near future.

Yeah Rabbit...I got a text this morning before I went in asking if I'd like to take the day off. I called up dispatch and asked," what' going on w/ the PTO or Convenience time off stuff?" to which he said, "We're very light today and I've got a whole bunch of guys sitting around.". So I said ,"Sure put me down for a PTO for today." "How about getting tomorrow off?" I asked him. To which he replied, "I got three guys off already, but call me in the morning and I'll see what I can do." So hopefully I'll continue w/ another in a series of long weekends. Hopefully he'll remember all these PTO's/ CC days that I'm taking to help keep some of the bottom feeders working during these light days and use that as capital to work in my favor to leverage things that I want from him. Notice I said hopefully!
Rarely ever works out that way. You take all of the PTO or CC days for them in the winter and you are the first one sent home in the summer when the overtime is there to be had. 38 years of LTL taught me that the hard way.

Sounds like XSJ may have been able to reduce the number of layoffs from 8-10, down to 5 or 6. RM Beer was there today discussing the particulars. Plan may be to cut 5 or 6, then reassess things again in the near future.
So, Beerfeed is a little higher up than just a SCM. Well, imagine that!!! He must have gotten a good snapshot of how employees felt about the Stotler Clan!!!!! Lol lol lol lol!!!!!

Keep pay and benefits only...Should go to bottom of the board.