XPO | Layoffs

There has been a few news stories on it. You can put a bunch of years in and then have a life event impact you. An accident, parent getting sick or maybe a new baby. And it might negatively alter your performance for long enough to put you out of work.
As hard as it might be to put personal issues out of your head while at work, it's still the responsibility of the employee to come to work and do their job to the best of their ability.
Everyone has excuses for everything.......but the company still needs to make a profit.

Forcing them to re-apply or just documenting the poor performers with their signature as proof of being warned, still takes management with a set of gonads to cut them or re-assign them. Weak management would be too cowardly to do either method.

The old Con-way would just walk people out whenever they felt like it. And we all still hung around.

The market for drivers has changed. And so has drivers expectations.

We will see what difference that makes.

The old Con-way would just walk people out whenever thy felt like it. And we all still hung around.
Serious question: I've heard people say this type of stuff over the years. Do you actually know of ANY employee that got walked out the gate.......but was a very good employee? And they were fired for "no reason"? I don't think that there is such thing as a perfect employee, so I would think that management has certain expectations and a "range" so to speak, of being a good or bad employee, and expects everyone to stay within the "range".
I've just never heard of a company firing people for "no reason". That just wouldn't make much sense.

Forcing them to re-apply or just documenting the poor performers with their signature as proof of being warned, still takes management with a set of gonads to cut them or re-assign them. Weak management would be too cowardly to do either method.
And lazy management. As much as management gets criticized , like most jobs , if you work hard at it , you can get better. Like anything in life though , you have bad apples - we have bad apples in XPO's (formally Con-way Freight) management.

our lives isn't worth all that bull if this company goes to that were the suck boys jump rankes it's just as easy to go some where else to work and believe me i have just short of three decades here my pride won't let me be a part of a system like that

Serious question: I've heard people say this type of stuff over the years. Do you actually know of ANY employee that got walked out the gate.......but was a very good employee? And they were fired for "no reason"? I don't think that there is such thing as a perfect employee, so I would think that management has certain expectations and a "range" so to speak, of being a good or bad employee, and expects everyone to stay within the "range".
I've just never heard of a company firing people for "no reason". That just wouldn't make much sense.

You obviously don't know ::shit:: about Con-way. The stories are real. A lot of damn good guys gone. And they didn't leave trucking. They went to OD and Estes and FedEx or where ever and do a damn good job crapping on Con-way to every customer they meet.

our lives isn't worth all that bull if this company goes to that were the suck boys jump rankes it's just as easy to go some where else to work and believe me i have just short of three decades here my pride won't let me be a part of a system like that

Unlike a forklift operator in a warehouse. Or lives and licenses are literally at risk every time behind the wheel.

You obviously don't know :::shit::: about Con-way.
I've never claimed to. And I didn't ask if people were good guys or not, I asked if they were good employees or not. There is a huge difference between the two.

The stories are real.
I'll have to take your word for it. But does firing a good employee make any sense?

A lot of damn good guys gone. And they didn't leave trucking. They went to OD and Estes and FedEx or where ever and do a damn good job crapping on Con-way to every customer they meet.
If they were fired for no good reason, I'd do the same thing. And I'd be pissed too.

You wouldn't believe the freight that I see and handle that used to be hauled by Conway. It's not freight that has been leveraged away, it is freight that Conway lost on there own.

One big accident or one big (un-excusable) injury by a driver that doesn't follow basic safety procedures will cost the company more money than a driver at top pay ever will. And when it comes to accidents and injuries, typically when those who have several small ones, it's only a matter of time until the big expensive one comes along. Usually, when there is smoke, the fire isn't far behind.
kinda like our newest driver straight outta conway driving school went off the road during last storm!

I don't think I could work for a outfit that tou reapply every year. That's just B S. There's way to many Trucking jobs or for that matter other places to work.
I think if it came down to it the folks at(XPO CON/WAY) would follow like sheep and do what ever they were told, just saying!:hide::lmao::lmao:

I'm pretty sure, after all of these service centers close, and drivers relocate, we will see another round of layoffs.
All I've been seeing is that we are losing customers. I haven't seen xpo lift a finger to aquire new customers. I don't know any company that can stay afloat by cutting jobs without getting new business.

I'm pretty sure, after all of these service centers close, and drivers relocate, we will see another round of layoffs.
All I've been seeing is that we are losing customers. I haven't seen xpo lift a finger to aquire new customers. I don't know any company that can stay afloat by cutting jobs without getting new business.
Take a deep breath. Thats it relax... I think its slow for trucking everywhere. Hopefully the next President will have a clue.

This guy ain't done cutting and we know it. He promised $200 million. Has only achieved $50 million of it. More to come.

Lol. I gotta wait for the next president, to get 40 hours a week? It's Wednesday and I only have 14 hours for 3 days of work, as a DSR.
Are they purposely cutting our hours to push people into a new job?