ODFL | Layoffs

8.5% more drivers from 12/14 to 12/15

But that's tough to quantify...have to look at line haul routing, avg trailer weight and cubes...serious math there.

I'd say being down 1500 YTD isn't too bad when you can make 300+ in a day.

Also the weight per shipment difference was minimal...and light shipments doesn't usually mean smaller footprint in trailer.

When you're the one making the lion's share of income in a household 1500 is a big deal.

8.5% more drivers from 12/14 to 12/15

But that's tough to quantify...have to look at line haul routing, avg trailer weight and cubes...serious math there.

I'd say being down 1500 YTD isn't too bad when you can make 300+ in a day.

Also the weight per shipment difference was minimal...and light shipments doesn't usually mean smaller footprint in trailer.

I'd also say it's a little presumptuous on your part to say what's acceptable or not in another guy's finances. You're not me.

Here's a tissue

Compared to being laid off...down 1500 over 4 months isn't that bad. Glass half full
Were you picked on in high school and feel the need to act this way now? Trying to build your confidence while remaining completely anonymous? No way you work at OD the way you talk to OD employees on this board.

Were you picked on in high school and feel the need to act this way now? Trying to build your confidence while remaining completely anonymous? No way you work at OD the way you talk to OD employees on this board.
I almost gave this a like, I like a direct answer.I don't and never have worked for OD and can't speak as to how they are spoken to. All that said the guy comes off a huge asshat

It's called sarcasm -- stop being so thin skinned.

I've been called way worse things on here compared to how I talk to all of you. You guys go straight for the name calling -- pretty juvenile.

I'm just here to show that the world doesn't revolve around you and your little driver problems.

Do you believe everything you see???????? Umm!!!

When it's actual company data...yeah I believe it

What I hear from some drivers here is purely anecdotal..."it's slow in my terminal"

"I'm down 1500"

None of that means anything in the big picture company wide -- overall we are up

When it's actual company data...yeah I believe it

What I hear from some drivers here is purely anecdotal..."it's slow in my terminal"

"I'm down 1500"

None of that means anything in the big picture company wide -- overall we are up
You keep on thinking that.You are not out on the street's and seeing the freight we are loosing to other carrier's&all the ? thing's that are going on.Make's me sick.I see it and I'm not a pencil pusher."Greed" "Greed" and it will take a Company down..

You keep on thinking that.You are not out on the street's and seeing the freight we are loosing to other carrier's&all the ? thing's that are going on.Make's me sick.I see it and I'm not a pencil pusher."Greed" "Greed" and it will take a Company down..

Wait...so you actually think these numbers are false and OD's business is down overall?

Do you talk to the warehouse personnel or the decision makers at these companies...big difference. The people loading your trucks assess things and filter their opinions based on how it affects them personally. That's what I see a lot of on here as well. The folks actually making the decisions and seeing the big picture (all the information) not just the little sliver that's right in front of them usually have great things to say about OD and love doing business with us.

Wait...so you actually think these numbers are false and OD's business is down overall?

Do you talk to the warehouse personnel or the decision makers at these companies...big difference. The people loading your trucks assess things and filter their opinions based on how it affects them personally. That's what I see a lot of on here as well. The folks actually making the decisions and seeing the big picture (all the information) not just the little sliver that's right in front of them usually have great things to say about OD and love doing business with us.
Well,you can believe what you want.I'm just here to ride the roller coaster to the end.I just keep my mouth shut.Good evening

It's called sarcasm -- stop being so thin skinned.

I've been called way worse things on here compared to how I talk to all of you. You guys go straight for the name calling -- pretty juvenile.

I'm just here to show that the world doesn't revolve around you and your little driver problems.

I've seen guys like you all over... They get out of the truck and think they're king ::shit:: of turd mountain and forget where they came from. When multiple people have a problem with your attitude, guess who the problem is, it's not them.

I almost gave this a like, I like a direct answer.I don't and never have worked for OD and can't speak as to how they are spoken to. All that said the guy comes off a huge asshat

My guess is if he were caught at work talking to any of us the way he does he'd get his walking papers pronto so he takes out his frustrations here where he can be anonymous. Kinda seems cowardly if you ask me.

When you're the one making the lion's share of income in a household 1500 is a big deal.
Please don't misunderstood me. Have you and wife thought about doing an inventory on looking at cutting back on or cutting out some things that may not be necessary. . We all can as far as that goes. It's not what we gross ,but how we handled the net. Again not trying to be smart , just a thought when we have less coming in. God bless

Please don't misunderstood me. Have you and wife thought about doing an inventory on looking at cutting back on or cutting out some things that may not be necessary. . We all can as far as that goes. It's not what we gross ,but how we handled the net. Again not trying to be smart , just a thought when we have less coming in. God bless

Oh sure we have and we try to save where we can. 3 kids makes it a challenge to hold on to your money. Don't get me wrong, we aren't starving for sure, but I'm like the company. I want to make more this year than I did the year before, not less.

Guys just be happy your not at this :shit:hole of a company UPS Freight. Guys paying "dues" to those criminals up north to protect their jobs meanwhile owner ops and contractors are running wide open.