ODFL | Layoffs

When it's actual company data...yeah I believe it

What I hear from some drivers here is purely anecdotal..."it's slow in my terminal"

"I'm down 1500"

None of that means anything in the big picture company wide -- overall we are up

So a guy who is getting laid off or is only getting 30 hours/week due to low freight levels at his SC should feel much better about it all because overall the company is doing well?

People in corporate make their money based on the big picture. We drivers make our money based on how busy our service center is. So no, each individual is not looking at the big picture.

If you are so worried about how the company is doing in general and think our individual issues are trivial, here is a question. Would you resign/quit if you were told that by eliminating your position the company would save $50/day? Would you be excited to start looking for another job because in the long run you are helping the OD family?

All missing my point. Not saying he should be happy about it or that individuals and what they make don't matter. I took a pay cut recently -- I understand. Be loyal to your family, not the company.

I'm saying...just because your SC is slow...don't come on here and say the company is down and things are bad everywhere. You're not getting the whole picture and what you are saying is incorrect. Go by the data.

Also...none if you would be talking like this in person either -- it goes both ways.

So a guy who is getting laid off or is only getting 30 hours/week due to low freight levels at his SC should feel much better about it all because overall the company is doing well?

People in corporate make their money based on the big picture. We drivers make our money based on how busy our service center is. So no, each individual is not looking at the big picture.

If you are so worried about how the company is doing in general and think our individual issues are trivial, here is a question. Would you resign/quit if you were told that by eliminating your position the company would save $50/day? Would you be excited to start looking for another job because in the long run you are helping the OD family?
No sir...I bring much more value to the company than what they pay me

All missing my point. Not saying he should be happy about it or that individuals and what they make don't matter. I took a pay cut recently -- I understand. Be loyal to your family, not the company.

I'm saying...just because your SC is slow...don't come on here and say the company is down and things are bad everywhere. You're not getting the whole picture and what you are saying is incorrect. Go by the data.

Also...none if you would be talking like this in person either -- it goes both ways.
Guess you're not very good at getting your point across. May sound cute in your head but you come off a little condescending in your tone in regards to the written form.
The only one that's called you a name doesn't work for this company. You started this mess with your first couple of posts about a job you don't do. Also, the fact you won't tell us what you do puts some on edge. So keep your secrete but understand that comes with a cost. And I think you kind of like it that way, why else would you be on this site.

Guess you're not very good at getting your point across. May sound cute in your head but you come off a little condescending in your tone in regards to the written form.
The only one that's called you a name doesn't work for this company. You started this mess with your first couple of posts about a job you don't do. Also, the fact you won't tell us what you do puts some on edge. So keep your secrete but understand that comes with a cost. And I think you kind of like it that way, why else would you be on this site.

Maybe so...or you read things and get defensive even if you shouldn't.