Yellow | layoffs

I sure wish the bottom of the board in COL could feel a little of that love the bottom of the CGB board is feelin!!!!

"We lost that lovin feelin in COL"

For all I care they can run guys below me all winter. I'll just be sure to stop in every once in awhile, to file run around claims.

On the dock side in Indy, everyone that signed up for an OT day Saturday worked. All casual list used/exhausted; all OT list worked/exhausted..........laid off road in Indy needs to sign up for the dock if they want to work.

anyone hear that Jimmy Hoffa was going to reorganize Central Transport?
Get them back in the master Freight with UPS Freight?

Hi,
Are you refering to Central Transport from Warren Mi?
If I remember They took out and bankrupted a few companies like Superior Forwarding, IML freight Lines and The Mason- dixon Lines to name a few.
Wolleyworldd

yo wolley...

the guy whose initials are 'AM' bought dogs and then put them out of business.....

PAM was an offshoot and central was changed and re-changed into a gazillion operating companies (ever noticed that none of the tractors have central transport on the doors)....

strange but true, mason dixon steel division is still union and i see one of those guys every now and again....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Teamsters have a myspace page

The Teamsters have a myspace page and looks really well put together too. The address is www.myspace.com/teamsters_union

You may have to create an account with myspace to look at the page there, but it is well worth it. In closing, I hope everyone has a safe and very happy holiday too!

i got called to work today for the dock...i work linehaul and I've been laid-off...how does that work? I didn't know that we could work the dock!

If you are laid off, you certainly CAN sign up to work the dock. You come after 10%ers, but before casuals. Work at least two days, keep your Health Benes! But dress warm, and be careful -- it's hard cold work. Check to see how much work you can get. Two days (probably weekend nights, if it's like here) might not be worth passing up another job for in the meantime. But it would keep your benes going........

Things Are Not Fine With 69 Laid Off At CVE/RFO!

:nono: As of Sunday 12-03-06 there is 1 clerical, 7 city drivers, 9 dock/yard workers, and 52 road drivers on layoff...total of 69! This is just the beginning! It looks like freight is really slowing down! A lot of indicators show that the first quarter of next year will be slow too! Hopefully the new corridor and next day kickoff in the east will get us all some more freight!:duh:

:nono: As of Sunday 12-03-06 there is 1 clerical, 7 city drivers, 9 dock/yard workers, and 52 road drivers on layoff...total of 69! This is just the beginning! It looks like freight is really slowing down! A lot of indicators show that the first quarter of next year will be slow too! Hopefully the new corridor and next day kickoff in the east will get us all some more freight!:duh:
freghtmaster,what is that about 15% of the board? road board there is about 400 or more????? I cant remember..my Alzheimer is kicking in.

yo freightmaster....

CVE overhires by about 75 guys....

they have been doing this for as long as i've been here.....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; this is because of the difference between busy and so being so great.........

Thank You Mikeeee for making my point.

On the Indy city dock, we're still working about everyone that signs up 6 or 7 days a week.

casuals

CVE shop steward needs to check on casuals from Maybrook running into CVE and going to bed. I was there the other day, and a driver rode over to the hotel stating that he normally runs an excavator for a construction company during the week, but things were slow. He did say he worked casual on the weekends for Yellow.

Don't get too excited, this is just a part of LTL freight. It happens every year. If you are laid off, just eat beans and weiners instead of steak. Then cozy up your warm house thinking about the rest of us freezing in the snow and cold and sliding around with an empty set on the ice.

Don't get too excited, this is just a part of LTL freight. It happens every year. If you are laid off, just eat beans and weiners instead of steak. Then cozy up your warm house thinking about the rest of us freezing in the snow and cold and sliding around with an empty set on the ice.

Very well said.

Another 5 dock workers laid off at CVE/RFO today! Doesn't make sense with all laid-off working every day if they want to, plus casuals getting 5 and 6 days in. Freight hasn't slowed down that much. A lot of absenteeism though....a lot of "replacements" makes it look like we're using more people than we really are. I'll be glad when everybody is called back!