XPO | Lazy?

The magician

TB Regular
Credits
I go to xlf terminal does anyone else put their kites away while the hostler watches p*on on hi phone. Isn't that theft of time

I go to xlf terminal does anyone else put their kites away while the hostler watches p*on on hi phone. Isn't that theft of time
I have jostled off and on for 10 years. I get pissed when I hear linehaul drivers crying about hostler not putting their kite away. 1. You get paid to put your kite away 2. Haven't you been sitting on your ass for the last 2 or more hours in your dry , air conditioned truck ? Get some exercise. 3. where were you when ha was moving 100 trailers during the night 4. Do you ever sit in the break room or on your tow motor during your shift killing time ? 5 How about when I put your kite away.... do you claim less drop and hook time ? Isn't THAT stealing time. Made my point yet ? How about next year you bid the yard and make your job more difficult so the linehaul drivers don't have to work sooooo hard !

I have jostled off and on for 10 years. I get pissed when I hear linehaul drivers crying about hostler not putting their kite away. 1. You get paid to put your kite away 2. Haven't you been sitting on your ass for the last 2 or more hours in your dry , air conditioned truck ? Get some exercise. 3. where were you when ha was moving 100 trailers during the night 4. Do you ever sit in the break room or on your tow motor during your shift killing time ? 5 How about when I put your kite away.... do you claim less drop and hook time ? Isn't THAT stealing time. Made my point yet ? How about next year you bid the yard and make your job more difficult so the linehaul drivers don't have to work sooooo hard !
Agreed. Putting your empty away is a non issue. What the hostler does is no concern of mine. If he’s ****ing the dog, he will get caught and fired.

My issue is when drivers arriving at a FAC are told to “put both trailers away” because there is only one person hostling and he can’t do it all, and drivers don’t put both away. I work in the yard on occasion and it takes a while to get the yard cleaned up if the early arrivals don’t put away their kite. This leads to massive back ups for yard moves and tons of congestion in the yard. Especially when the FOS is calling out one move, then another etc. every time they call out a move, I’ve got to stop what I’m doing and write it down. People get cranky when they’ve been waiting for a empty or a breaker, we’ve all been there. If your kite is a empty or a pure, no big deal. If it’s a breaker, you are just hurting yourself because it s going to take that much longer to get that trailer to the door to strip. Yes, drivers and yard guys can both be lazy. I’ve seen both.

I have jostled off and on for 10 years. I get pissed when I hear linehaul drivers crying about hostler not putting their kite away.
1. You get paid to put your kite away
You get paid to put my kite away too.
2. Haven't you been sitting on your ass for the last 2 or more hours in your dry , air conditioned truck ? Get some exercise.
You bid the yard so don't bitch about me sitting on my ass in the A/C
3. where were you when ha was moving 100 trailers during the night
Working the dock unload and loading trailer and I am still look for the heat and A/C controls for the dock.
4. Do you ever sit in the break room or on your tow motor during your shift killing time ?
Where else would I go to take my break. You sit on you ass in the jockey truck BS and killing time too.
5 How about when I put your kite away.... do you claim less drop and hook time ? Isn't THAT stealing time.
When I put my kite away do you claim less hours? Isn't you sitting around stealing time too.
and while I at it why aren't my 22k+ loads weight when they are pulled from the door.

Made my point yet ? How about next year you bid the Linehaul if you don't like the yard

Working the dock unload and loading trailer and I am still look for the heat and A/C controls for the dock.

Where else would I go to take my break. You sit on you ass in the jockey truck BS and killing time too.

When I put my kite away do you claim less hours? Isn't you sitting around stealing time too.
and while I at it why aren't my 22k+ loads weight when they are pulled from the door.

Made my point yet ? How about next year you bid the Linehaul if you don't like the yard
Hooraahh

Yep point made

I've been retired a few years, but when I went to an FAC, hostler always took care of the second trailer. Busy FACs had more than one hostler.

Made my point yet ? How about next year you bid the Linehaul if you don't like the yard[

Never said that I didn't like the yard . What I said was I was tired of hearing linehaul drivers complaining that they felt it was hostler duty to put their equipment away . When in reality , hostler are there to maintain dock flow . I don't believe anyone ever said , we need to put hostler in yard to put driver equipment away .

Reading the union thread, one would think all the problems are from management. Reading this thread, one might think the workers are the problem.