Yellow | Lcp

Philly & Baltimore?

the only thing close to us that I know of being offered was Hagerstown. However, they are saying you must have your CDL to work the dock there unlike LCP. Overall, 42 guys from the extra board are pretty screwed after roughing it out over the past two years! Only made $33,000 and that is with ALOT of over time too. Finally, most of us that is effected by this all have less then 5 years in with the Teamsters. As a result, we will NEVER see a dime of it. Hmmmmm, maybe it will go to the union officials who get two pensions and $90,000....? Looks like both sides win here!

Dog, that CDL language is discriminatory, what if you have a dockman that for whatever reason cant pass the physical? How about the repeat offender that has too many points or a crappy record? PM me and lets get together over a beer or something, we have some leverage here that needs explored Brother......

Don't put too much faith in the rumor mill right now, ask questions of management and your Union Reps. Management SQUIRMS when you ask good questions. These informative meetings were a joke last week. When we started asking questions, all of the sudden the meeting was over. The BA's of all of the affected PA locals are meeting with Mr. Potato heads boss on Monday at 10am so we should be having a barn meeting soon. Probably after the monthly meeting next week. Dont let these old timers scare you either, the top 50 or 60 in LCP are over 30 year employees and can retire if they want. Good riddance....thanks for helping out.....dont fall down and break your hip on the way out.....Me bitter? Nah....Just looking ahead.

Dont let these old timers scare you either, the top 50 or 60 in LCP are over 30 year employees and can retire if they want.

Yeah I always thought that was funny watching old guys walk to and from dispatch and their trucks with walkers.Don't they realize that once they reach a certain point no more gos into their retirement coffer?I was young (57) took my money and ran.Gave a younger person a chance to at least earn what I did. Good luck Bud with the change.Tell Chad I said hey. BTW: enjoying my new camper Bro. Heres a pic.
DSCF0009.jpg

Dan

No kidding

LCP is a retirement home and have many in there 70's there too. Then again, it is like the one 70 year old told me. "Why would I retire when I have 6 weeks vacation, sick/personal days, 11 occurances every 9 months, and with cc's only have to work maybe 8 months out of the year?" I have to tell you all he is right and he would be crazy to retire....

LCP is a retirement home and have many in there 70's there too. Then again, it is like the one 70 year old told me. "Why would I retire when I have 6 weeks vacation, sick/personal days, 11 occurances every 9 months, and with cc's only have to work maybe 8 months out of the year?" I have to tell you all he is right and he would be crazy to retire....

Thats right, let him keep payin into a pension he'll never collect and leavin that SS money for me. Take your pension, enjoy life, give a younger guy a break. Sheesh............:chairshot:

Re:

Thats right, let him keep payin into a pension he'll never collect and leavin that SS money for me. Take your pension, enjoy life, give a younger guy a break. Sheesh............:chairshot:

The one union killer told me that they made him take his pension money due to the laws that are in place. Apperently, he said they could not add anymore to it and the union was told to transfer it over to him too. As a result, of him reaching 72 of age. Overall, I guess that is his right and the union allows this too. In closing, senority means more then solidarity and the union busters know it very well.

well said BIG R I TOOK my 30 at age 58 and on 12 15 06 nov& dec deposit goes in cha ching i made 34975 working for yellow buf road this year 2 lay offs my pension is all most two times that

Old Timers At LCP!

Don't know how it is in Eastern PA Pension, but in Central States, 6 months after you reach 70 1/2 years old, you can draw your full pension, and still work full time. Also since the laws changed, you can now draw your social security at age 65 without any cutbacks (used to be 70). So go ahead and triple dip if you can! Nobody wants to drive a truck today anyway! Young guys don't want to work the dock either! KEEP ON TRUCKIN'!:smilie_132:

Remember this.....the availability of anyone transfering to a gaining terminal is based on seniority bidding from all the losing terminals. So therefore, don't be to confident that all Lancaster employees will be offered work in Hagerstown or even Baltimore, as that news paper article suggest. Because for example, Columbus is losing 11 road jobs and maybe a few of them may transfer to Hagerstown.

yo full deck....

let's say a guy with 1 year's seniority decides to leave LCP and go to WPM....

he'll be the #1 road driver there 'til hell freezes and never worry about getting laid off again...

union wages in the ozarks.....

nice area to knock down 70 grand a year...

trust me there are more than a couple guys looking to escape LCP and every other terminal in the system...

i got a home a short drive from JAK and i can't leave STL because we're a gainer, that's the luck of the draw...

mikeeeeeeeee

ps; the guys that really read the change and are portable will make out like ***** apes in lots of eol's on big turns only working 5 nights a week.....

the bad part thats going to happen some poor guy that can least aford it going to get hurt some one allways does the co could care less if you have job or some one else ends up with it

Re:

I really do not care what happens anymore due to the long road traveled the past two years at LCP. The extra board of 42 guys there went from Jan to the end of May only getting 2 days a week while the bid guys were getting 6 punches and 2, 3 , or 4 ot each shift. Overall, it is the old guys union and they made that very well known. As a result, let the senior citizens have their pie along with their companys union too.

yo full deck....

let's say a guy with 1 year's seniority decides to leave LCP and go to WPM....

he'll be the #1 road driver there 'til hell freezes and never worry about getting laid off again...

union wages in the ozarks.....

nice area to knock down 70 grand a year...

trust me there are more than a couple guys looking to escape LCP and every other terminal in the system...

i got a home a short drive from JAK and i can't leave STL because we're a gainer, that's the luck of the draw...

mikeeeeeeeee

ps; the guys that really read the change and are portable will make out like ***** apes in lots of eol's on big turns only working 5 nights a week.....

You're right, because alot of the road jobs (not the premium service) in the change appear to be turns. As far as the other senario about a man with 1 year seniority, he'd be damn lucky to get what he wants.

Re: Good Point

You're right, because alot of the road jobs (not the premium service) in the change appear to be turns. As far as the other senario about a man with 1 year seniority, he'd be damn lucky to get what he wants.

The guys this effects from LCP will have under 5 years with the teamsters and most have been on the extra board during that time too. Furthermore, one of the supervisors at the LCP terminal nailed it right on the head when he straight out said the extra board there is being exploited. Simply, you have 80 percent of the guys who get bids/schedules and then you have the other 20 percent who are on-call / extra board. As a result, from both sides ( union/company ) you do whatever you want to those 20 percent and in return the 80 percent gets immunity on everything an anything. This is social injustice and the players could care less. Finally, sure the 20 percent will not get anything ANYONE wants, but the union/company get what they want. Teamsters, get the money from the pensions of the 20 percent and the company gets rid of the beaten down workers. In return, in time, they hire NEW workers from the streets and they will be like deer in the head lights. In closing, the 20 percent may not get what they want, but it is what is best for them and their family's. If their family's are still intact through this abuse of exploitation.