Yellow | Lcp

You absolutely are 100% correct. This terminal is top heavy with seniority. There has been massive crying by management about production taking a nosedive last week, gee, I wonder why? All of the senior freight relocation experts are hunting, nothing left but the guys that were told that they are losing their jobs in the name of "Brand advancement" in the shipping community, 3 weeks before Christmas...hmmm. Get copies of the changes and anylize them....if the company wants this change, they are going to have to deal with us for we are the ones who move the freight, not the cheerleader salesman types that they send to spread the word.

I really do not care what happens anymore due to the long road traveled the past two years at LCP. The extra board of 42 guys there went from Jan to the end of May only getting 2 days a week while the bid guys were getting 6 punches and 2, 3 , or 4 ot each shift. Overall, it is the old guys union and they made that very well known. As a result, let the senior citizens have their pie along with their companys union too.
Hey Bird Dog,what you trying to say those 42 guys are the only ones that ate dirt in the history of the teamster jobs??? I think if you look at the other senior drivers they have all pretty much walked that walk...and dealt with issues throughout the years such as you all are dealing with now @ LCP

I am not saying that at all and do reconize those feelings of entitlement. At the same time, unions were to provide for a better living for workers and their families. No one can rewrite the past and those wounded by it will always scream about it, because wounded people WOUND others! As a result, that is my original question here, senority over solidarity?

Most of the other issues surround the contract and upholding it on a daily basis, for everyone! In addition, exploitation of ANY person is completely unacceptable any time. Do not let the villian make you the villian. Y? Because you then BECOME the villian....!

Most of the other issues surround the contract and upholding it on a daily basis, for everyone! In addition, exploitation of ANY person is completely unacceptable any time. Do not let the villian make you the villian. Y? Because you then BECOME the villian....!
please put that in english so I can understand what you just said?????

I hate to ask, but since, I've been off on comp, and I didn't hear anything from the hall, other than it doesn't look good.......

Is LCP losing any of it's city pedal areas, like exton/downingtown? Are they killing the longer road bids? Are there plans for our current p&d areas to be handeled by HGR, assuming they get enough people if this flies? Are the counting the guys who recently retired and are retiring in dec and Jan into the #'s that they want to get rid of? The other thing when I was there city wise anyway, they couldn't do the job with the people they had so how are they going to do it with less people.

In english, don't forget where you came from and if you have become like the union busters before you... then you deserved what they did to you.

We stand together. In our communities and in the halls of government, Teamsters work tirelessly for social justice - from living wages and universal health care to fair trade agreements that protect American jobs and civil rights.
That was from a teamster website and it said nothing about eating dirt and/or exploitation of any group of people being acceptable. In fact, the only sense one can find in many cases is nonsense. In closing, senority over solidarity and in the mist of social injustice. Blame the victum.

We stand together. In our communities and in the halls of government, Teamsters work tirelessly for social justice - from living wages and universal health care to fair trade agreements that protect American jobs and civil rights.
That was from a teamster website and it said nothing about eating dirt and/or exploitation of any group of people being acceptable. In fact, the only sense one can find in many cases is nonsense. In closing, senority over solidarity and in the mist of social injustice. Blame the victum.
I am glad your out of lcp...cause someone like you that thinks seniority and working 6 punches is against social justice and that make them a union buster...99.9% of your threads do not make any since on the subject matter that we are talking about....I am not even sure you know what your talkin about??

This is what I am talking about,seniority,seniority,seniority,seniority.

Pronunciation: sEn-'yor-&-tE, -'yär-
Function: noun
1 : the quality or state of being senior : PRIORITY
2 : a privileged status attained by length of continuous service (as in a company)

deal with! and be glad you have it...its a good thing you know...

I am glad your out of lcp...cause someone like you that thinks seniority and working 6 punches is against social justice and that make them a union buster...99.9% of your threads do not make any since on the subject matter that we are talking about....I am not even sure you know what your talkin about??

This is what I am talking about,seniority,seniority,seniority,seniority.

Pronunciation: sEn-'yor-&-tE, -'yär-
Function: noun
1 : the quality or state of being senior : PRIORITY
2 : a privileged status attained by length of continuous service (as in a company)

deal with! and be glad you have it...its a good thing you know...

Sorry.

When there are guys laid off, or not working for crap I will not sign up to work holidays, I take my time off as frequently as the contract allows and generally try to, in other words, take what I need, and leave some for the others. Another way I have heard it put is you don't go up for seconds until everyone has had firsts.

With privlege comes responsibility.

Just my opinion.

Lighten Up

See what happens when you bring up polictics? Imagine if we bring up religion.

Let's stay focused, guys and gals. When we see the results of the hearings In Harrisburg and San Diego, then we can make judgements on how this will effect us.

Hey Wiggly can you hear that noise, its the sound of my head hitting the window of my truck cab.

Sorry.

When there are guys laid off, or not working for crap I will not sign up to work holidays, I take my time off as frequently as the contract allows and generally try to, in other words, take what I need, and leave some for the others. Another way I have heard it put is you don't go up for seconds until everyone has had firsts.

Just my opinion.
there ya go...I can understand what your saying Testpilot! Thats all you need to say, but as bird-dog stated that started this whole thing
Bird-Dog said:
As a result, let the senior citizens have their pie along with their companys union too.one of the supervisors at the LCP terminal nailed it right on the head when he straight out said the extra board there is being exploited
can you believe that...a supervisor said that to him...and he believed it.and the rest is history...

Sorry.

Just my opinion.

Very well said Testpilot and that is exactly what I mean too.

Time off

Sorry.

Just my opinion.

Testpilot,
I agree with you all the way,and I do the same thing,Hell if I can't get by with a CGN and a CGB then theres a problem,if ya know what I mean.But we do have a few "teamsters" who are supposed to be "brothers" that think that the union is all theirs and just for them,and they can run 16 hours and as long as they don't punch their trip sheet in ,that they can get away with it.These guys are not Extraboard guys,They are destination BID guys,and the only thing I can figure out about them is that GREED has set in with them.It is nice to have some seniorty,which I currently enjoy,and I don't have alot,but I never forget were I came from either.I know what it is like to ride that wheel and hope to get enough work to pay the bills and feed the family.I also know that when the company offers work elsewere you take advantage of the opportunity and put your name down to Follow Your Work.I did it and I fell into a bucket of sh4t and came out smelling like a rose.It is not eazy but in the long run it is worth it,I can only say this from my own experience,but as the years go on the better it gets.Just never forget were you are now ,and when you do gain seniortyThat you don't abuse it either.
Bird Dog, the last part of what I said was meant for you ,I'm sure Testpilot Knows what and who I'm talking about elsewere

In closing, senority over solidarity and in the mist of social injustice. Blame the victum.
yea blame the victim,total turnout for the teamster election out of 771 was 22%

I don't drive for Yellow but Roadway about the elections I voted in my 1st election this year, why was the turnout so low.They give you a postage paid envelope I can't understand why everyone talks so big on the union but care so little as to who runs it.

I don't drive for Yellow but Roadway about the elections I voted in my 1st election this year, why was the turnout so low.They give you a postage paid envelope I can't understand why everyone talks so big on the union but care so little as to who runs it.

Unfortunately, it seems like as long as guys are working, they could care less about our leadership. The guys that don't vote are also the same guys that complain the most. Not voting in teamster elections ( local or national ) is the prime example of both laziness and apathy for our union. Hopefully that horses**t attitude doesn't sink our union one day.

MONTHLY MEETING 771.....12/10/06...10am. Sounds like the UPS folks had better get involved too, pension cuts? We should be going forward, not backwards right? Sad part about it is, there will be more Yellow guys there tomorrow instead of just the normal handful. A bunch of us dropped trips to go but we do that every month....BRING ON THE NOISE....I hear ya Quiet river, I hear ya....thank The Lord for the guy who came up with the rumble strips on the edge of the road!!!

senority

HELP ME!!!...I have read the posts in this thread several times...I am having a very hard time understanding...one thing if its so bad why stay?...I am a 30 year TEAMSTER...I have never expected someone to give up their senority for me...I was taught that you earned it the same way the oldtimers ahead of me did...yes... I have been laid off several times and moved in coo"s to keep working...all I am seeing in these posts is p!&&ing and whining about the oldtimers who earned the right to their senoirity!...by the way...I know MR.texas flood personally...3year teamster...HE has it figured out!...I will be PROUD to stand next to him a strike line one day!